hymer electric steps

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by 1948, Mar 26, 2010.

1. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

Senior moment, forgot to retract steps before driving off bent bottom step Anywhere I can get it strighten up or shall i go ahead and ring hymer for new steps

2. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

support your local blacksmith

don't you have a step alarm?

3. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Id say the fact that it got damaged would suggest not :Wink:

Oh and why not try your local sheet metal fabrications businesses, they would be able to replace any bent bits if needed

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Will no doubt be a gold plated price, your welcome to pop in if your passing and we will have a look.

Peter

5. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

cannot drive it as both steps are sticking out, will have to detach it from bodywork 1st Is it a DIY 10hour job??? Will take it to professionals once I can move it.

6. goldwinger

goldwinger Funster

7. Terry

Terry Funster

:Rofl1: I would think more of a couple of hours to remove straighten and replace :thumb:
    terry

8. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

Goldwinger
    Thanks so much for the link now knowing what parts I need

Terry
    NOT so quick You forgot I am the real Novice DIY, just came in 1/2 hours ago, started mid morning including a trip to buy all the tools I needed from Halford but at least van can be moved Bought a small stool also replacing the steps :RollEyes::RollEyes:

9. Terry

Terry Funster

:thumb::Rofl1::thumb:

10. pendy

pendy Read Only Funster

Hi All a few of the posts on here today started me guessing, I am sure it has been started somewhere on here before? but what would you like on your MH to make your life just that little bit more bearable, my Oyster dish goes down at ignition so that it cannot get damaged, step alarms are a good idea but I personally would like a hose that retracts into the locker/ garage same with my EHU over to you knowledgable folk,please keep it clean and serious. ha ha as if!!!

11. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

Would not use the word bearable (sounds like torture, we buy leisure products out of own free will) may be i would say EASIER , i only acquired my 1st/present MH 3 weeks ago, Still trying to undestand everything babitation/machanical before venturing out. may be a locally placed dealership would make life easier. Afterall you can not just take it to your local garage like you do with a car. So call professional help usually miles away, early days but my limited experiences with MH centres did not inspired confidence hence taking the DIY route 1ST TIME.
    Without the help from fellow funsters in this forum and one other forum:thumb: I wound be totaly lost

12. John Gray

John Gray Read Only Funster

Hymer Step

Hi,
    I got some parts for my step (Hymer 564)from Peter Hambilton in Preston, Maybe he can help??

JJ

13. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

Been there done that. First Day in Germany. Got step back with some effort.

Got a replacement next day from https://sslrelay.com/olearymotorhom...nid=154be92239cbb71/shopdata/index.shopscript

Brownhills quoted 6 to 8 weeks delivery. Price was better from O'Learys as well

The step is even marked Hymer. I replaced the single step with a double for B Class. This made getting in and out of the S700 much easier.

[​IMG] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Omnistor Omnistep 380mm Wide Double Electrically Operated Step (Fits older Hymer B class motorhomes) [/SIZE][/FONT]

14. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Retractable hose (Designed for air but works just as well with water!!!)

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-9-metre-retractable-air-hose-reel-car-2

Retractable Power Cable (you will need to change the plugs to suit your m/h)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETRACTABLE-E...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item563c476ea7

Next Question please :Rofl1::Rofl1::Wink:

15. madbluemad

madbluemad

I'd like an awning that goes out and retracts at the press of a button. The A&E Awning that I currentley have was designed by a retard.

I'd like some sewer hose that doesnt wrap itself around my neck when I'm tring to put it away.

And yes, some water hose that is easily stowed.

Jim
    :Wink: