Hymer Duomobil constant problems!!!! (1 Viewer)

Sandra Dennis

Free Member
Jul 26, 2016
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Duo Mobil
Exp
2 years
Has anyone else had problems with the Hymer Duomobil???? Mine has been a catalogue of problems since day one and the problems keep on coming. Every time I use the vehicle a new warranty issue arises. It is the worst purchase I have every made !!! I can honestly say I wished I had returned the vehicle straight away as unfit for purpose. It has less than 3000 miles on the clock and I really HATE IT !!!! Issues such as getting stuck on site because the steps jam, endless problems with the electrical 'brain' , needing a complete new set of wheels because the alloy breaks down, the sat nav jamming on and won't turn off, drains do not empty after warranty fix for stinking drains, front step continuing to open and shut despite door being shut, but to name just a few!!! I'm told that no one else has experienced this level of problems which actually doesn't make me feel better. Really had enough. Not the quality I was led to believe from Hymer. Anyone else's experience would be great to hear.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I would find out who the top person is at hymer and write a firm but polite email listing all the problems @ShiftZZ
Else ask for your money back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Welcome to fun.

I know it doesnt help but that's unusual to have so many faults on a good brand. If you do find the name of the top person pass it on. I 'd like to bring his attention to one of the dealers that are selling his brand.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Sorry to say but hymer are starting to cut corners just like the rest of the trade. ..I am not a great lover of the hymer brand but I believe the best ones are the older ones.. So get onto hymer politely and ask for your money back or a replacement that is fit for purpose..

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry to say but hymer are starting to cut corners just like the rest of the trade. ..I am not a great lover of the hymer brand but I believe the best ones are the older ones.. So get onto hymer politely and ask for your money back or a replacement that is fit for purpose..

Unfortunately very true we recently looked at several new/newish Hymers with a view to replacing our 14 year old van. Have to say it wasn't a great experience especially when you consider the price of these vans, they were all of a far inferior quality to ours and very poorly put together certainly not worth the extortionate prices being asked. As much as we would have liked a new van we just couldn't justify the extra money for an inferior product so decided to spend a fraction of the money and have some refurbishment done on ours and so far very happy money well spent.

@Sandra Dennis
Personally as others have said I'd email the CEO and make your complaint and demand a full refund as the goods supplied are not fit for purpose.Probably won't get your money back but may at least get the thing fixed properly and the dealer will get his ass kicked by Hymer as unfortunately some dealers really aren't very interested once they've had your dosh.
Good Luck(y)(y)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Welcome to Fun.

If you are unhappy about the quality of the warranty work carried out by the UK Agent, suggest you contact the Hymer German representative responsible for the UK operation. Others will probably know his name and email address.

He may suggest you take the van to Hymer HQ in Germany where they can give the van a thorough check over and sort all the problems.

It may be inconvenient for you to do this but may be the only positive way forward. I've known other Hymer owners who have done this and have received excellent service.

The Duomobile is a top of the range van and I'm sure Hymer would prefer to sort all the problems, rather than receive adverse publicity.

The trouble with a high end van with all the bells and whistles is there is more to go wrong. I had a basic Hymer for 10 years and had no problems with the Hymer build quality.

Wilderbeast

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Stockton on tees
Funster No
MH
"Hymer duomobil" B634 SL
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Sandra
Sorry to hear about your problems .
We took delivery of ours May 2015.
We have also suffered a few issues none serious but no less frustrating, prior to delivery the dealer fitted an alarm and made a pigs ear of the instillation,refitted correctly.
kitchen draw locking system failed draws locked shut! Control panel replaced.
Three of the skylight flys screens fell apart and replaced.(clip in cassettes)
Kitchen splash back distorted replaced.
Now at 9000 miles and heading home after 10 week tour fingers crossed nothing else ......!

Our last van a Burstner Aviano suffered the wheel lacquer peeling and were replaced under warranty.
Good luck with Hymer I hope you get a resolve
D

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
The revised consumer trading act, I think October 2015, may be worth a look, as it gives you six months to return a new item, and claim a full refund.

But a friendly "rebuild" at Hymer if offered would be the best.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry and surprised to hear of your problems.
Our B544 now has 2,400 on the clock and so far absolutely perfect (y)

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Disagree with the poster on the quality of new Hymers. We have had one since March 1st and the build quality is superb. Only problem has been a diesel leak that is a Fiat fault and the insect screen on the hab door needs retensioning. By far the best of the 5 vans we have had so far. A shame the dealer doesn't perform as well.

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Just checked the Hymer website it's a really lovely van. Stick with it as once the problems have been resolved it will give you many happy years.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we had a serious look while at TW with the headlight issue that I had nearly forgotten o_O, quickly decided it had too many fiddly things to do and move to make into a bed each night, loads of potential things to go wrong, not to mention the hassle

sorry to hear about your troubles though, but sadly not surprised at the after sales issues

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Sorry to hear of your problems but, My new ML-I has been as good as gold, except one light has gone over the sitting area and it seems to be a special as the LED is soldered in and not a bulb, new one coming under warranty. And the straight line steering on the Motorway is somewhat odd it is very sensitive and appears to wander when the slipstream from a lorry hits it. The power steering on the Merc base is very light and the body roll makes me rock allowing the steering to feel unsure. It is supposed to have steering, sidewind assist but I do not know if it actually fitted. The Hymer press release say that it is standard, but I find no evidence. We both love her and think we have made the right choice although very expensive. The dealers however are a bit off, when I asked one for information I was told it WAS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and I could not be told ANYTHING about the vehicle or the systems. Where the Solar lead was, was what I wanted to know. I will not be buying anything from them from now on even though they are the nearest and biggest. If you are really suffering difficulties from dealers the contact the factory and they might take it in there, and pay for your trip there to fix it.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We bought ours from Becks at Martham in Norfolk, extremely cooperative.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry to hear about your problems. How long ago did you buy it?

You will not be happy to hear that we bought a new Hymer B678 in November last year and are delighted with it. One or two minor niggles but all sorted out promptly by Becks, the dealer we bought it from.

Larry beat me to it about Becks

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry to hear about your problems. How long ago did you buy it?

You will not be happy to hear that we bought a new Hymer B678 in November last year and are delighted with it. One or two minor niggles but all sorted out promptly by Becks, the dealer we bought it from.

Larry beat me to it about Becks

Like you Peter, totally chuffed with ours (y)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hear about your problems. I think you must have been very unlucky, and it's not what you expect from such a high-end item. We've had our Hymer for a year in August, and are really pleased with it. No problems at all with it (touch wood), and we find the build-quality very good.
I hope you get things properly sorted by Hymer, and go on to enjoy your van as much as we enjoy ours.

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I cannot believe a large company like Hymer would not look after you your dealer should be keen to sort out these issues.

Is this van a new concept/design? First generation? If so companies don’t tend to field test anymore and leave customer as guinea pigs but a good dealer or manufacture should look after you through this period.

If there are component parts failing within the van again you would expect the dealer or manufacture to resolve this.

I would suggest even if it is frustrating don’t lose your rag over it life too short and you will only make yourself ill.

Just tell them that you will get trading standards involved that will get them to sort.

I must admit I like the look of the hymer 680 model.

Mark noble

Free Member
Apr 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
4 years
Has anyone else had problems with the Hymer Duomobil???? Mine has been a catalogue of problems since day one and the problems keep on coming. Every time I use the vehicle a new warranty issue arises. It is the worst purchase I have every made !!! I can honestly say I wished I had returned the vehicle straight away as unfit for purpose. It has less than 3000 miles on the clock and I really HATE IT !!!! Issues such as getting stuck on site because the steps jam, endless problems with the electrical 'brain' , needing a complete new set of wheels because the alloy breaks down, the sat nav jamming on and won't turn off, drains do not empty after warranty fix for stinking drains, front step continuing to open and shut despite door being shut, but to name just a few!!! I'm told that no one else has experienced this level of problems which actually doesn't make me feel better. Really had enough. Not the quality I was led to believe from Hymer. Anyone else's experience would be great to hear.

Sandra I realise this post was three years ago - did you manage to resolve your issues - I have a few of my own !

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sandra I realise this post was three years ago - did you manage to resolve your issues - I have a few of my own !
sorry, that member hasn't posted in 3 years

Mark noble

Free Member
Apr 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
4 years
Sandra

I realise your post was three years ago - can I ask if you resolved your issues ? I am not best pleased with their dealer in England and was due to collect my new top of the range Hymer in November I am still waiting 5 month later - no one seems interested . If you prefer to contact me direct I am on mark@noble leisure.com - thanks

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Soory,can't help with any issues, but being a west ham supporter , great name.!! :D2

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sandra

I realise your post was three years ago - can I ask if you resolved your issues ? I am not best pleased with their dealer in England and was due to collect my new top of the range Hymer in November I am still waiting 5 month later - no one seems interested . If you prefer to contact me direct I am on mark@noble leisure.com - thanks
She is no longer an active member here so I doubt that you will get an answer.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the dot com email indicates a north american member possibly. and would explain why a november delivery date was missed. as erwin hymer north america has gone bust

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back