Hymer drivers arm rest removal (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
When someone responds with the definitive answer,I too would be interested as one of my armrests won't stay horizontal. Brownhills couldn't do it and the best effort was Lowdhams but it lasted barely a day.
If I could take it of and have a look at the mechanism I may be able to make replacement parts if I can get into it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have never tried this myself, but a bit of research has brought up a description posted on 'the Dark Side' in 2006 (I am not a member!).

Unscrew the knob as far as possible in order to get some form of lever behind it. The knob is friction fitted on a splined shaft so you need a kind of 'joint splitter' - something like a large tuning fork that goes over the shaft. Then give said splitter a few sharp taps with a hammer, away from the arm rest to pull of the knob. Once this is removed, the fixing screws etc will be revealed apparently. Also noted in the post is that the 'zip' holding the covering is a bit odd as there is no zip puller attached to it. I also found mention of a pin that goes though the mechanism towards the back and the loss of this prevents the knob from keeping the arm rest in position.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Thanks JL. not looking to remove mine but you never know! You were up early by the way.
BJ
......or late!

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I took mine off to accommodate having new seat and armrest covers fitted. The actual arms I think you will find, are on a spline fitted to the seat. If you push the cloth back firmly where the arm swings from the backrest you should see a bolt passing through. Remove nut, push bolt out and complete arm drops off. It's a bit fiddly and more than two pairs of hands needrd ideally. Removing the adjuster is as @JeanLuc has described.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
When someone responds with the definitive answer,I too would be interested as one of my armrests won't stay horizontal. Brownhills couldn't do it and the best effort was Lowdhams but it lasted barely a day.
If I could take it of and have a look at the mechanism I may be able to make replacement parts if I can get into it.

When you get the arm off following all the above, the cover should unzip. It then is fairly easy to dismantle and you will see how the mechanism works for armrest adjustment. It's pretty straightforward .

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
I removed the adjuster a few years ago in a moment of madness intending to wash the armrest covers. Do I take it that I can replace the adjusters if I take the armrests off?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back