HYmer Daylights Problem

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by Detnor, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Detnor

Detnor Funster

One of the daylights has stopped working, this is a Hella headlight unit on a Fiat base, 2 year old Hymer 504.
    Checked the bulb - looked ok, changed it but still not working.
    Both lights supplied from one fuse according to the manual, so since one is on, not the fuse - checked it anyway.
    Checked the bulb holder on both sides, no sign of corrosion or damage.

This would seem to leave the wiring that connects the two lights. Nothing obvious where I can see them.

Anyone got any ideas as to where to look?

Thanks

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

the only way is a multimeter.....check for volts and continuity on all wires and earths

3. philk

philk

At least it hasnt shattered. My last van, now replaced, was a 2009 614sl, i had a major fight with Hymer to replace a shattered headlight, £2000 if not on warranty. Is 2009 not still under warranty?

Philk

4. Johnnie Gee

Johnnie Gee Read Only Funster

Hymer lights

Hi,
    I had problems with my Hymer fog lights, both them were burnt out, like the plastic cover was melted, and the literally fell out.:Sad:

Hymer wanted £70+ for them. I got the helle part number off the old light and had a root round the Internet.

I found a company which sells Helle lights to commercial busses( sorry, I can't remember their name) but the lights were less than half price.:thumb:

Hope this helps

JJG