Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
Hi folks,

We are decided that our first motorhome will be a Hymer. Getting on that ownership ladder seems tough but on the plus side they do retain their value.....

Any thoughts on the Hymer T652 CL. There is a nice private 2007 model on Autotrader currently priced at £27500 that has caught my eye.

Sorry if your up here in Skye at the moment, its pretty wet Im afraid.

donnieban

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Looks good, I bought similar but slightly smaller (2009) 552CL on Ford. Only problem I have with the Ford is the seating position is a bit high for me, being 6' 4". I resolved this by removing the top plastic strip above the front screen blind.

The quality is superb and all timber is ply (no MDF here), the bed is very comfortable and the engine has plenty of poke.

Problems we have had, we needed a new control panel from Schaudt, and we're having problem with getting the fridge to work on gas, other than that it's fantastic.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
donnieban

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
Cheers for that, did you buy privately? Are you happy with the Ford mpg?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Yes bought privately, 2009, 26,000 miles 2 owners, immaculate inside and out with rear view cameras and bike rack. All usual extras included. Cost £27,500

We get about 30mpg at 50mph, which I consider okay, we loaded the van up, full water, diesel, waste tanks and both of us with dog and food for a weekend and we still have 300kg of load left.

Only thing is we noticed when we read through the comprehensive service book is that the engine had had a new turbo at 22k, at cost of almost £2000, don't know why though, maybe something to consider. We love our van.

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I have a Hymer and very happy with it (y). Just be aware that lots of ford transit base vehicles are being stolen. Please research and take appropriate action as far as security goes. I used to built Transit vans in Southampton till the plant was closed. There were known security problems then and that was a few years ago. All Ford Transits are made in Turkey now , nothing wrong with that just letting folks know(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
donnieban

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
Sorry, are you saying that the Ford based Hymers are more prone to theft and you need to invest in proper security to protect or did you mean something else?

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Any ford based motor home has security problems inherent , Just my opinion though . Not the opinion of anything to do with this Forum.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
donnieban

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
Thanks, sorry if I came across a bit thick. What measures are sensible short of having a 2 headed German Shepherd on patrol?

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
A trip to Vanbitz Eddie is a member here. They have got the best reputation around . Cant speak personally as ive never used them . Again just my opinion .

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
And you get discount if you tell them your a member of Fun when you book. Must be when you book not after (y)

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Jeez i sound like a salesman . If my van was worth tens of thousands i would be on it like a car bonnet , only my opinion though .

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We are decided that our first motorhome will be a Hymer.

Have you considered an A Class Hymer ?

IMO they are better than low profiles.. fantastic view from a large panoramic window, better use of internal space.. look better., retain their value better and always highly sought after ..

Having a Hymer B644 myself I am of course biased..:D

For example.. There is a lovely Hymer B584. 2007. in Bundesvan.. ( they sell on behalf of private owners and have a good reputation)

at near your budget, first one on list Link Removed

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
@donnieban my next trip after my grand daughters born due date today , is up your neck of the woods .
Never been to Scotland and would love to go to the islands . Might be asking a few questions places to see etc if thats ok.

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Thanks, sorry if I came across a bit thick. What measures are sensible short of having a 2 headed German Shepherd on patrol?
If you want something better than a two headed German Shepherd you could get my ex-mother in law. You might have trouble getting her back out though! :oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
donnieban

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
It's a meter shorter..

Hymer T652 CL is 6.8i mt.

Hymer B584 is 5.8 mt.

I have been looking at the B class and I think you are very right about the B584. My good wife isn't impressed with the shape it has to be said but I don't have a problem with it. I really like the lines and lovely interior of Titleys B 524 but we started off wanting a fixed French bed and that is still our priority.

Upvote 0

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Have you considered an A Class Hymer ?

IMO they are better than low profiles.. fantastic view from a large panoramic window, better use of internal space.. look better., retain their value better and always highly sought after ..

Having a Hymer B644 myself I am of course biased..:D

For example.. There is a lovely Hymer B584. 2007. in Bundesvan.. ( they sell on behalf of private owners and have a good reputation)

at near your budget, first one on list Link Removed

Very nice, I may even pop down and take a look at that myself!

Upvote 0

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I have been looking at the B class and I think you are very right about the B584. My good wife isn't impressed with the shape it has to be said but I don't have a problem with it. I really like the lines and lovely interior of Titleys B 524 but we started off wanting a fixed French bed and that is still our priority.

So did we ;)...but then we visited a Hymer dealer and hopped on a drop down bed and haven't looked back since! That was on our first van a Hymer b544. We're ready for a change if the right van comes along but it will still be a drop down bed for us. You loose no daytime space, it's ready to hop into at the drop of a hat (or bed) and I still get a better nights sleep in it than I do in a Kingsize at home.

Don't rule it out...just saying (y)

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have a hymer low profile cl554, with the french bed. We love it, it has loads of living room and a bed to lounge on when we like. We did look at the a class ones and didnt really like the look of them.

I like the french bed layout as it feels very open and you have a seperate bedroom.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
donnieban

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
I have been spending a lot of time looking at Hymer motorhomes and was intrigued to find one particular motorhome which has changed hands twice in 3 months and which has increased in cost by over £10,000. Good luck to the seller for profiteering but I think buyer beware even with dealerships it would seem. It would appear that purchasing in the Midlands is the most obvious way of securing best value?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back