Hymer battery to battery charger (1 Viewer)

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Hi all, I need to know,

On a Hymer with an Electroblok chaging system would i have to disconnect this system before fitting a Sterling battery to battery charger?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Have a look at the Roadpro website for info. I have their 2008 catalogue in which it says the battery-battery charger will work, but that the Electroblock may not give correct indications of charged condition. Also, suggest you PM Dave Newell. He recommended fitting one to our van but we decided against it in the end. I believe he mentioned removing the alternator charging fuse in the EBL so it was effectively neutralised for that particular activity.
By the way, do you find the standard alternator charging on the move to be too slow? I have not found this to be a problem and it charges at around 20 amps when the batteries are low. Of course, the Sterling product will give 50 amps, but I decided to live with the slower charging regime rather than lose the information from the EBL displays.

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Have a look at the Roadpro website for info. I have their 2008 catalogue in which it says the battery-battery charger will work, but that the Electroblock may not give correct indications of charged condition. Also, suggest you PM Dave Newell. He recommended fitting one to our van but we decided against it in the end. I believe he mentioned removing the alternator charging fuse in the EBL so it was effectively neutralised for that particular activity.
By the way, do you find the standard alternator charging on the move to be too slow? I have not found this to be a problem and it charges at around 20 amps when the batteries are low. Of course, the Sterling product will give 50 amps, but I decided to live with the slower charging regime rather than lose the information from the EBL displays.

Hi, I don't seem to have a problem with the van charging but as i love wild camping and the original batteries are a bit naff, i have changed them for 2 X 220 amh and with the size of them wanted a better charger as i don't always do a lot of miles in between places.

I have sent a PM to Dave this morning

Thank.s for your reply

Patrick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back