hymer battery and waste monitor panel

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by 1948, Mar 7, 2010.

1. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

the moni tor panel suddenly stop working ,worked last time I looked 3 days ago, van on hookup all the time, there is still background lighting in the panel but all thr rocker switch not working, Any ideas please, if there is a fuse blown any idea where?? thanks for reading:cry:

2. dreamlander

dreamlander Funster

hymer control panel

Hi,have you dropped the panel down and looked behind it??
    could be a loose connection.

3. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Mine is a Mc Louis steel new in 2008 and this has happened three times..I am now on my fourth....each time they have put a new transformer on the motorhome at the place I purchased from in France, all under warranty...they said there has been a bad batch of transformers fitted to many motorhomes in France and the uk......this would happen after using EHP...I don't know how old your van is...????????maybe..maybe not ..but could be your transformer.

Mel :thumb:

4. SIFTA SAM

SIFTA SAM Read Only Funster

I think the various inputs to the Monitor Panel come from the Elecktroblock, (Block 3), so it may be worth checking all the connectors in the Electroblock as well as the Panel.

5. JayDee

JayDee Funster

The Control panel section that monitors water, waste, vehicle battery and leisure battery in our Dethleffs has packed up as well. The meter illumination comes on but the needle doesn't move. Needless to say the dealer will replace the panel (complete) at about £500 thereby consigning the clock, thermometers, charging meter and other stuff, that are still working perfectly, to the trash bin.:Angry:

I heard that one manufacturer of control panels will repair them, but unfortunately it isn't the company that makes the one in our Dethleffs. More research to come.:Sad:

It's beginning to look like there's a Control Panel virus spreading around the motorhome world.:Eek!:

John

6. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

thanks for all replies, think i will try the elecktroblock route 1st before looking behind panel van out of reach till to morrow will report back

7. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

Thanks SIFAA SAM
    picked up van from garage , got home unpluged Bolck 3 and put back everything works again. HOW STRANGE !!! thanks for the tip