Hymer B694 any good???

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by Forestboy, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Hi All

We've only been without a m/home for about 8 weeks and its driven us nuts:Eeek:

We just recieved the money from USA for the sale of our RV got the full asking price.:BigGrin:
    We had intended to buy a S820 Hymer we'd fell in love with but the guy sold it a few weeks ago:cry::cry: Can't find another within our budget and as we have plans for some of the money we will not spend a penny more than we allocated.

Anyway we've found an exceptionally nice Hymer B694 within our budget and loaded with extras, we've bid on it and it looks as if we've got it.

Are there any inherent faults with this model I should look for????
    Don't know much about Euro vans as the last 4 vans have been Rvs and the last Euro van was 18 years ago.

Thanks in advance:thumb:

2. Wow

Wow Trader - Engine ReMapping

As a VERY happy 655 - 2.8jtd owner for 3 years with absolutely zero faults. This is our first Hymer and I wouldn't want anything else, even when the people call it ugly! If the layouts right, good nick, well serviced etc. you can't go wrong :Smile:

3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Now I have heard that so many times before Rory,,,:Wink: be great to see you back on the road again and the hymer will be well winterised for a ski trip :BigGrin:

As to answering your question, Jock as in Jock and Rita is a hymer anorak, sure he will be along soon he knows all about them I tell ya :Cool:

4. Forestboy

5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

wow, that was the one you were telling me about,.,,, go for it Rory, enjoy it and make sure you come back and tell us all about it. :thumb:

6. Soundman

Soundman Read Only Funster

I don't think you could do better. A 1200GS and a Hymer.
    A match made in heaven.
    (Maybe a Vespa tucked away somewhere as well!):Rofl1:
    Good luck:thumb:

Soundman

7. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Oi, we'll have less of the "anorak" matey. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Rory knows very well, my views on his decision to go for a Hymer. But like anything else, it needs a good going over with attention to detail first, and a quality damp test....................just in case any possible "undeclared" damage has compromised a seal or joint.

Rory, I hope that it is what you and Jan are looking for in quality and spec.

Cheers,

Jock.

8. Forestboy

Hi Jock
    As you know we really fell in love with the s820 but it was'nt to be so "thats life" fact is we're using the money for other things so a S820 is out of our budget at the moment. We've discovered very quickly that we can't live without our m/home, a weekend in a hotel in Brighton last week convinced us we need to buy another

I was'nt sure about the B694 but Jan really liked it so thats half the battle as I've wanted to downsize for a long time, as much as I love RVs I'm afraid they don't really suit our type of travelling anymore.

9. teccer1234

teccer1234 Read Only Funster

I bought one of these 3 years ago, (had a hymer 544 before for 12 years) I wish I'd got the B964 years ago, over the moon with it, spent the last 3 years wintering in spain haven't found a thing wrong with it :thumb: off again tomorrow for another 6 months:BigGrin:

10. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

11. Forestboy

12. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Thats what he said,:BigGrin: only £35000 each....:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: Not bad for a once in a life time trip.................. Trouble is he would like to do it again.:Doh: Did you look at the clips I think it was no 4 going across the bridge. :Smile: Bob.

13. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster