Hymer B644 Garage Weight Limit (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Hi, anybody know the weight limit of this model Hymer? It's a 1999 model. There's one I'm interested in buying but the owner doesn't know the exact limit. He / we do know there's a 1000kg payload limit in total though. Thanks.
Antony.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have a 2003 B630 which has a similar layout. In the manual there is a general statement for all relevant models that the maximum garage loading is 350 kg. Obviously, one must also respect the maximum rear axle load too.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Has it been properly weighed at a weighbridge so you know the real weight in full trim, or totally empty, so you can check the claimed payload available and the axle weights?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Don't know if it's been weighed on a weighbridge but i have seen the chassis plate thingy with the limits on. Just need to know the garage payload. Ta.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Mines a slightly different model B694 so maybe irrelevant but similar year mines 2002.
No stickers in my garage but the manual says garage is limited to the weight of the axles which is pretty obvious really.
Weight stickers seem to have been added on later models, probably a legal case somewhere where someone got done for being overloaded and tried to blame the manufacturer.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Don't know if it's been weighed on a weighbridge but i have seen the chassis plate thingy with the limits on. Just need to know the garage payload. Ta.
No, first you need to know what the front axle weight is & the back axle weight.
The only way to accurately assess the garage weight capacity is to put it on the weighbridge for rear axle weight & load garage until weight is reached.
everything that has been added will reduce the weight of both front & rear axles. Sat dish, awning, tow bar on its own can reduce the garage capacity by 50+kgs.
What is on the weight plates is the stuff of dreams.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

The only way you'll find out then is too get it to a weighbridge and pay your tenner, get gross weight and individual axle weights then you can work it out.
Simples(y)(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To get the actual weights for the vehicl'e payload you need to do as the others have said BUT as I understand it you also want to know what maximum capacity the garage itself has as set by the manufacturer as this can actually be less than the spare capacity for the axle, eg on one MH we had there was plenty of axle capacity spare but the garage itself was only 'approved' to carry 150kg.

OP
OP
A
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Ok. Thanks all. It's now clear that the Hymer is not going to be the one for me! Better stick to the choice I made before of a Burstner Elegance i821.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back