Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Oh did I mention the tyre, how lucky can you get, woke up with flat tyre, when wheel came off it was like this!! Had to call breakdown, only had supplied fiat jack with me (1750Kg) What jack should I be carrying?? This was our first test night away, learnt a lot, Ordering 4 new tyres pronto, speaking of which I'm surprised how close to weight loading maximum tyres are, still not decided on which ones , black circle have mailed me a list of those they deem suitable (or is it adequate?)
P1040152.JPG

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
To be fair I was going to change the tyres before we take off on our trip, I could see that they were old, loads of tread but starting to crack, thought we would get one short trip out of them, wrong!!! seller thought they were fine!! (so did MOT tester)

Have asked a question about tyres on seperate post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I bought a pair of those too Philip, but had to resell them, as they were obscured by both "A" posts, on the mirrors we have. (see image below).

BTW, does anyone know where these mirrors can be sourced from please. I've also seen them on a Euromobile, but suspended from the top of the side walls, much like coaches.View attachment 65362

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jock your mirrors are probably Mekra they are very helpful on the phone and they used to sell the mirrors as well http://mekra.co.uk/?gclid=CI3lxYW5g8YCFSIFwwodVwUAzQ

joe

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Oh did I mention the tyre, how lucky can you get, woke up with flat tyre, when wheel came off it was like this!! Had to call breakdown, only had supplied fiat jack with me (1750Kg) What jack should I be carrying?? This was our first test night away, learnt a lot, Ordering 4 new tyres pronto, speaking of which I'm surprised how close to weight loading maximum tyres are, still not decided on which ones , black circle have mailed me a list of those they deem suitable (or is it adequate?)View attachment 65543

There aren't even words to describe that , it is so bad. I can't believe that it actually passed an mot ?

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
the tyres do look ok, no signs of perishing or cracking on walls, when you look really closely at the area between tread where road contact is made you can just see cracking ,, the casing has started to lift on the tyre in the picture, like the lumps of hgv tyr debris you see on the motorways

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Thanks everyone combination of all your help led me to these mirrors on ebay,
Broken Link Removed

in case link doesn't work they are DAF mirrors (fitted to fiats) £24. glass can be bought seperately for £3.30 bought one of each, well pleased

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Thanks everyone combination of all your help led me to these mirrors on ebay,
Broken Link Removed

in case link doesn't work they are DAF mirrors (fitted to fiats) £24. glass can be bought seperately for £3.30 bought one of each, well pleased
They are exactly the ones I use (on a 2005 Hymer B584 Classic).

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
thanks tony if my brain had been in gear when you first pointed me at these i would have saved a month!

OP
OP
bhs

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
ooops bought two of these, think they are the same as the link i posted but these are cheaper and have backs included, used the wide view clip ons Philip showed

Broken Link Removed

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
resurrecting an old thread , but i have these mirrors and need to get them apart.. if its just a taper , i will sort it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back