Hymer b564 water tank level meter. (1 Viewer)

Periscope

Free Member
Jul 14, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Not working on waste tank and only seems to work on fresh water tank when it's full.

Any ideas?

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
On our hymer in top of each water tank there is a sender unit. it consists of 4 ( i think) stainless steel probes of different lengths that are in the water. try cleaning them, if they are gummed up they dont work reliably, should be able to unscrew access hatch and reach hand inside, you may choose to use someone elses hand in waste tank.......

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
clean the probes.. the ones in the back tank will be covered in crud.. the fresh water ones probably have limescale on them ..

they are mounted on the top,

edit .. just seen previous post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
As stated above. I find a good rub with a green plastic scouring pad does the trick. Preferably with different pads for each tank. :eek:

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Gave my fresh tank a going over 2 weeks ago, removed all the accessible pipe work, washed out any black mold and cleaned all the probes with a "greenie" scourer, now reporting the correct level on the control panel.

Going to do the grey tank probes soon, but so have worked on the basis that if the sink won't empty it's time to open the waste gate. :rofl:

Hymie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back