Hymer B544 shower tray removal (1 Viewer)

neil2016

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Chalfont st Peter
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
Having just bought our Hymer B544 last week this weekend has been spent starting the interior renovations. Our plan is to replace the upholstery and to change the configuration back to the original 4/5 berth from the 3 ber
IMG_20170326_181711537.jpg
th
IMG_20170326_181711537.jpg
that it currently is. Part of the project also involves replacing the shower tray as unfortunately this is cracked. So yesterday was spent removing the tray. There is an excellent video on YouTube that shows the procedure and without which I would have thought twice about attempting. The video can be found here.

And while the Hymer model is an S555 the shower looks to be the same as the B544.

Taking the tray out went incredibly smoothly until i had to undo one screw that held the Thetford toilet in place. It took almost as long to remove this as it did the rest of the bathroom units! Once out however, the excellent news was that there was no water damage under the tray. Also the tray came out easily without further cracks, which should hopefully help when it comes to making the mould for the replacement tray. Below are a couple of photos showing the bathroom after the removal of the tray along with a photo of the tray itself and the crack.

Attachments

• IMG_20170326_182944119.jpg
    IMG_20170326_182944119.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 95
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Having just bought our Hymer B544 last week this weekend has been spent starting the interior renovations. Our plan is to replace the upholstery and to change the configuration back to the original 4/5 berth from the 3 berView attachment 154470 thView attachment 154470 that it currently is. Part of the project also involves replacing the shower tray as unfortunately this is cracked. So yesterday was spent removing the tray. There is an excellent video on YouTube that shows the procedure and without which I would have thought twice about attempting. The video can be found here.

And while the Hymer model is an S555 the shower looks to be the same as the B544.

Taking the tray out went incredibly smoothly until i had to undo one screw that held the Thetford toilet in place. It took almost as long to remove this as it did the rest of the bathroom units! Once out however, the excellent news was that there was no water damage under the tray. Also the tray came out easily without further cracks, which should hopefully help when it comes to making the mould for the replacement tray. Below are a couple of photos showing the bathroom after the removal of the tray along with a photo of the tray itself and the crack.

You're wearing my slippers :D2. Nice work by the way.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there are a few firms that have already made moulds and produce grp replacement trays. or have an aluminium tray folded and welded would be my advice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
the shower tray

Well done for having ago. I did mine and although it isn't a Hymer It was just the same load of cheap sxxt that you have. I put a domestic one in and reclad the whole washroom. Once you throw the rubbish away and clear the decks it is relatively straight forward. I worried about it before I started but now when on the throne I survey my own handiwork with some satisfaction, yes, and the washroom :D

Charlie68

Free Member
Aug 5, 2021
Bridgend, UK
Funster No
MH
B544 Hymer Clasic
Exp
Since 2018
Hi Neil2016

I noticed on your video that there were 2 hot water pipes between the tap in the bathroom and the kitchen and only one between the bathroom tap and boiler. Does this mean that the hot water supply in your van goes into the kitchen first and then back to the bathroom tap?
Brilliant video by the way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back