Hymer B544 overdoor light

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Olliekuma, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Olliekuma

Olliekuma Read Only Funster

Hi folks
    Could someone assist me with a problem re the outside courtesy light over the rear entrance door of a Hymer B544 please.
    A bulb has gone in the light which is a Ring. How do you get the light cover off to change the bulb. There are no screws or apparent removable trims. There must be an obvious way but I am stumped.
    The other problem is access behind the panel over the cooker. There are some hinges along the back edge but I need to get into the extractor vent to clean and to attend to the vent flap.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Can only speak for mine which may be totally different. The outside light just pulls off by carefully lifting the surround from the bottom. The cooker hood grills have a little latch which slides to remove.

3. aba

aba

hi im not familiar with your outside light but ours is accessed from inside the van.
    if when it was working it lit up an area in a locker try there first.

are there drawers under your worktop you may be able to gain access to the extractor if you simply take them out.

you may already have tried these methods in which case i have been no help but there you go.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

A flat blade screwdriver removes the perspex from the light on my B544, I did it only recently, I'll take a picture tomorrow:Smile: