Hymer B544 layout

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by bashdem, Mar 9, 2012.

1. bashdem

bashdem Read Only Funster

Hi

I've been keeping my eye out for a nice B544. Most seem to have a layout with once long sofa on one side and two double seats facing eachother over a table.

I've since seen a layout like the one below. Can anyone explain how you can sit in the right hand forward facing seat when there appears to be no legroom.

hymerb544seats

Also, does this layout not have a table? Or is it that the rear facing double seat is moveable?

Cheers

2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Similar arrangement in my Rapido. Theres a bit in the side facing seat that is removable giving somewhere for you feet to go when using this as a forward facing travel seat.

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

A section of the side bench in front of the forward facing seats is removable.

4. bashdem

Ahh, so is there no option for a table then?

5. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Yes you will be able to have a free standing table between the couches although there is probably provision for a single center leg table to fit a floor socket

6. bashdem

OK, think I'll stick with the original layout - I prefer the double seats facing eachother over a table.

Many thanks for the prompt responses!! Cheers guys

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drew

Drew Funster

We have a layout that is the same as this, there is no removable section in front of the right hand forward facing seat in our van as the area under the seat is full of fresh water tank, although bizarrely there is a full 3 point seatbelt for this seat. The other forward facing seat has a lap belt and there is a 3 point seat belt behind the drivers seat (our van is RHD).
    As for the table it sits behind the drivers seat and in the picture is the pale worktop you can see. It is on a swinging arm and ours would have had an extension to make it big enough for 4 but the previous owner changed it.
    I have wondered about the forward facing seat arrangement and can only assume that there are different options for the layout, there is enough room under the seat for the water tank to be slid forward and a removable section of seat to be included but in our van this isn't the case.

8. phil1946

phil1946 Funster

If you need 4 traveling seats the 544 is OK but if you can manage with only 3 I have always thought the bar arrangement of the 584 (and the 694) to be the better layout. Any dinette is a compromise as the table has to fit in the gap between the seats to make the bed - I always want to 'pull my chair in under the table'.