Hymer B534 Cab Air conditioning (1 Viewer)

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Does anyone know about the Hymer cab only air con.....the button on the dash is working but the air con doesnt seem to work...and i dont know if i have to buy gas or something? Im new to this air con stuff and a blonde .....::bigsmile:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
I am going to assume that the base vehicle is a Fiat, and the cab air con button is the one lower right on the panel.

I am also going to assume that a light comes on when the button is depressed, and the engine is running as it will not work without the engine running.

Have you put the fan onto at least setting number 1 as it will not work unless this is on?

Also are all the cab vents open and the airflow set to face vents position.

In my Hymer the cab aircon is not the best, as it has to cool such a huge area when driving, but putting the fan onto maximum does at least get some cooling.

If all these are in place then you may need to get the system at least re gassed, or at worst have a new compressor.

There are other things to look at and others will be along with this info I am sure.

Hope this helps.::bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hymer Air con

Ill have to say yes to all of those answers......it was working well last week, its great if it just keeps me cool when driving......but i dont know where to get it re gassed....i live in Cornwall....thanks tho ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Almost any garage workshop will be able to do it or arrange to have it done.

If it's just regassing, Halfords sell a kit which is very easy to use but costs about the same as having the garage :Eeek:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Most garages will re-gas an air con unit. The system drained, flushed, and the right amount of fluid added. It will also be checked for leaks.
The ac system will lose a certain amount of liquid over a period of time, and the system should always be run to prevent seizure, about once a month i run mine.
An ac system can be run at any temperature setting, and also acts as a de-humidifier, so if you have a steamed up windscreen, pop on the ac, and the moisture will disappear.

Craig

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Ask if they leak test at the same time or you could end up going back again.
The one I use suck all existing gas out, vacuum test then either put some dye in if it is leaking and replace seals as required or re fill with gas if all ok. cost £50 on my car and has been ok for 4 years now.

Sorry, Craig beat me to it.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back