• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Hymer B524 SL A class Motorhome For Sale (1 Viewer)

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hymer B524 SL A class Motorhome For Sale
2008 reg £38500
MOT March 2017 Service and habitation check March 2016
37000 miles on the clock.
18 months Fiat Care Gold Warranty and European Breakdown cover which is transferrable.
Selling due to health issues our lovely van identical to this one http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/stock/2826/pixindex.html
3 berth 6.60metres long A class
Fiat Ducato 3.0 160ps multijet diesel, 6 speed manual gearbox, chain driven so no cambelt. Plated 4000kgs
Front fog lamps, Drivers cab door with Electric window, Electric heated and adjustable coach style mirrors, Cab air conditioning, new compressor fitted and regassed. ASR, Integrated cab blinds, Cruise control. Radio and CD player.
Drop down bed with privacy curtain. New gas struts fitted.
Lounge area with captain swivel front seats, Large L shape sofa with 2 additional seat belts, Upholstered in Half leather cream & Beige cloth, Removable fitted carpets, Kidney shape dining table, Large Panoramic roof light, Slide out TV cupboard with TV bracket. Digital TV aerial. All lights LED.
Galley kitchen with plenty of storage cupboards and drawers, Stainless steel sink unit with matching worktop cover, Hob extraction fan, Smev gas 3 burner hob unit, Dometic Tec Tower – 150 litre fridge freezer with gas oven and grill.
Large rear wardrobe. Access steps to rear single transverse bed with Small Heki roof light and privacy curtains. Truma gas and electric blown air heating new elements and fan fitted.
Bathroom with Sliding entrance door, Washbasin, Storage cupboard, 12volt and 240v power sockets, Rotating shower screen doors and Large roof vent. Thetford cassette toilet.
Flyscreens to entrance door, windows and roof lights. Omnister roll out awning with exterior light over. Electric step with alarm.
Towbar, 130w Solar Panel, two leisure batteries, Alugas gas system with external BBQ point, spare wheel, new front tyres
Heated Garage under rear bed with doors either side. Several heated exterior lockers.
Sigma alarm and immobiliser. Fully insulated and winterised.
Thank you for reading this far(y)(y)(y)

Currently in North Yorkshire.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Having been advised I should show pics of the actual van here are some. kitchen.jpg Glenn and Van.jpg seat.jpg rear bed.jpg table.jpg Van.jpg bed.jpg seats.jpg basin.jpg

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Very nice. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Er, do you do tick?? :)

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Very nice.
We think its very nice too. We've had two couples viewing it but no takers yet so we've decided to advertise elsewhere and in the meantime we're taking a trip to Norfolk with me driving :eek::eek::eek: Wish me luck.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Just got back from our Norfolk trip and I did all the driving. It was fine, despite some narrow roads and bushes trying to jump out at me. :eek:
We met a couple on the Sandringham Estate site who had the same van as us just a year younger and different upholstery. They said it was the best van they'd ever had and how much they loved it. Made me feel a bit sad because although me driving was ok Glenn is not happy just being a passenger. :(:(:( The only solution is to get something 3500kg . Not sure what though. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It would have to be less than 40k.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Actually we still have it but its a long story.
We had lots of interest and seemed to be spending all our weekends showing people our van. To be honest we got a bit fed up with that and I got better at driving the van so we decided to take it off the market.
We have appealed to the DVLA re Glenn having his licence revoked and the appeal seems to be going well EXCEPT we have just found out about a new medical condition that Glenn has. He's seeing the doctor in the morning. If its going to affect the licence appeal we may decide to sell after all and get a lighter van. The only trouble is we can't find one we like as much as the one we've got without spending shed loads more money. So when we've seen the doc tomorrow we may put it back on the market. The problem is we've had it fitted out the way we want it and we love it so much. :(

lisassister

Free Member
Jan 6, 2017
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for replying. So sorry you have to possibly sell a much loved van. I genuinely hope you get good news at the drs tomorrow.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you love the MH and you are happy to keep driving it, why not just keep it and let Glenn be the navigator instead ... yes I know you'll probably end up getting lost a lot more as we all know that men are no-where near as good as women at map reading but .... (y)

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
If you love the MH and you are happy to keep driving it, why not just keep it and let Glenn be the navigator instead ...
Hi @Minxy Girl That's what we've been doing. To be honest Glenn is a much better navigator than me. :( It would just be nicer if we could both drive. Anyway we are waiting to see what the doctor says today. If Glenn hasn't got a new problem then we will be hoping for a good result from the DVLA. If he has we may put the van back on the market. We had a lot of interest last time, but we realised that it was going to be difficult to find a replacement. The DVLA have messed us about for 10 months and we haven't been able to get on with doing what we want to. Hey Ho.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you lost 60 kg, you'd dissappear altogether lol

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
As long as you're happy driving the beast and enjoy it I would just hang on to it.
Glen will get used to being navigator and you will still be happy with what you've got.
Just get going on a couple of long trips, see how it goes and enjoy yourselves.
Best of luck with the doctors appointment.

Richard.

Localdave

Free Member
Dec 6, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass Suntor 400RL
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Hils & Glenn
I hope everything goes well with the DVLA.
Please let me know if you are still looking to sell though.
Regards
Dave & Sylvia

Mar 2, 2009
Prescot merseyside
Funster No
MH
Burstner elegance
Exp
Hi hope you get sorted with Dvla I am just trying to do the same as you would be nice to hear how u get on

Good luck tintin

DebbieR

Free Member
Apr 11, 2017
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is just what we are looking for. Is the hymer still for sale?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I too hope all is ok with you both. Very well done in taking the plunge and doing the driving.
My hubby got his C1 after a complaint to DVLA one year after first application made and we hadn't heard anything.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi @Riverbankannie glad to hear your husband got his licence. Glenn has had more tests as a result of the appeal. We are in France at the moment. The driving is going ok. Just a few hairy moments
We're back home on Thursday and hoping there will be news from the dvla. If it's a negative we will just have to accept it, but fingers crossed. It's over a year now since Glenn first applied. Thanks for asking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back