1. Our Classifieds are free to subscribers
    For help in listing an item or for marking it SOLD please see this help file

PLEASE EXCERCISE DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE PARTING WITH MONEY
    MotorhomeFun cannot vouch for the honesty of members. 

PLEASE DO NOT BUMP 'FOR SALE" THREADS or they will be removed.

FOR SALE Hymer B524 SL A class Motorhome For Sale

Discussion in 'Motorhomes for sale' started by Hils and Glenns, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

Hymer B524 SL A class Motorhome For Sale
    2008 reg £38500
    MOT March 2017 Service and habitation check March 2016
    37000 miles on the clock.
    18 months Fiat Care Gold Warranty and European Breakdown cover which is transferrable.
    Selling due to health issues our lovely van identical to this one http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/stock/2826/pixindex.html
    3 berth 6.60metres long A class
    Fiat Ducato 3.0 160ps multijet diesel, 6 speed manual gearbox, chain driven so no cambelt. Plated 4000kgs
    Front fog lamps, Drivers cab door with Electric window, Electric heated and adjustable coach style mirrors, Cab air conditioning, new compressor fitted and regassed. ASR, Integrated cab blinds, Cruise control. Radio and CD player.
    Drop down bed with privacy curtain. New gas struts fitted.
    Lounge area with captain swivel front seats, Large L shape sofa with 2 additional seat belts, Upholstered in Half leather cream & Beige cloth, Removable fitted carpets, Kidney shape dining table, Large Panoramic roof light, Slide out TV cupboard with TV bracket. Digital TV aerial. All lights LED.
    Galley kitchen with plenty of storage cupboards and drawers, Stainless steel sink unit with matching worktop cover, Hob extraction fan, Smev gas 3 burner hob unit, Dometic Tec Tower – 150 litre fridge freezer with gas oven and grill.
    Large rear wardrobe. Access steps to rear single transverse bed with Small Heki roof light and privacy curtains. Truma gas and electric blown air heating new elements and fan fitted.
    Bathroom with Sliding entrance door, Washbasin, Storage cupboard, 12volt and 240v power sockets, Rotating shower screen doors and Large roof vent. Thetford cassette toilet.
    Flyscreens to entrance door, windows and roof lights. Omnister roll out awning with exterior light over. Electric step with alarm.
    Towbar, 130w Solar Panel, two leisure batteries, Alugas gas system with external BBQ point, spare wheel, new front tyres
    Heated Garage under rear bed with doors either side. Several heated exterior lockers.
    Sigma alarm and immobiliser. Fully insulated and winterised.
    Thank you for reading this far(y)(y)(y)

Currently in North Yorkshire.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

Having been advised I should show pics of the actual van here are some. kitchen.jpg Glenn and Van.jpg seat.jpg rear bed.jpg table.jpg Van.jpg bed.jpg seats.jpg basin.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Boringfrog

Boringfrog Funster

Very nice. :)

4. Beacons

Beacons Funster

Lovely .

5. neesyanne 3

neesyanne 3 Funster

Hi sent pm

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Er, do you do tick?? :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

(n):LOL:(y):(:cautious::love:

• Like Like x 1
  8. donnieban

donnieban Funster

Very nice.

9. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

We think its very nice too. We've had two couples viewing it but no takers yet so we've decided to advertise elsewhere and in the meantime we're taking a trip to Norfolk with me driving :eek::eek::eek: Wish me luck.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

Just got back from our Norfolk trip and I did all the driving. It was fine, despite some narrow roads and bushes trying to jump out at me. :eek:
    We met a couple on the Sandringham Estate site who had the same van as us just a year younger and different upholstery. They said it was the best van they'd ever had and how much they loved it. Made me feel a bit sad because although me driving was ok Glenn is not happy just being a passenger. :(:(:( The only solution is to get something 3500kg . Not sure what though. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It would have to be less than 40k.

11. lisassister

lisassister Funster

Hi there. Long shot I know but has this sold now??

12. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

Actually we still have it but its a long story.
    We had lots of interest and seemed to be spending all our weekends showing people our van. To be honest we got a bit fed up with that and I got better at driving the van so we decided to take it off the market.
    We have appealed to the DVLA re Glenn having his licence revoked and the appeal seems to be going well EXCEPT we have just found out about a new medical condition that Glenn has. He's seeing the doctor in the morning. If its going to affect the licence appeal we may decide to sell after all and get a lighter van. The only trouble is we can't find one we like as much as the one we've got without spending shed loads more money. So when we've seen the doc tomorrow we may put it back on the market. The problem is we've had it fitted out the way we want it and we love it so much. :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. lisassister

lisassister Funster

Thanks for replying. So sorry you have to possibly sell a much loved van. I genuinely hope you get good news at the drs tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

If you love the MH and you are happy to keep driving it, why not just keep it and let Glenn be the navigator instead ... yes I know you'll probably end up getting lost a lot more as we all know that men are no-where near as good as women at map reading but .... (y)

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

Hi @Minxy Girl That's what we've been doing. To be honest Glenn is a much better navigator than me. :( It would just be nicer if we could both drive. Anyway we are waiting to see what the doctor says today. If Glenn hasn't got a new problem then we will be hoping for a good result from the DVLA. If he has we may put the van back on the market. We had a lot of interest last time, but we realised that it was going to be difficult to find a replacement. The DVLA have messed us about for 10 months and we haven't been able to get on with doing what we want to. Hey Ho.

16. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Can you down plate?

17. Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns Funster

No not realistically. We've looked at that. Only if we didn't need fuel and water and I lost about 60 kg and we carried all our stuff in a trailer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

If you lost 60 kg, you'd dissappear altogether lol

19. Clarky

Clarky Funster

As long as you're happy driving the beast and enjoy it I would just hang on to it.
    Glen will get used to being navigator and you will still be happy with what you've got.
    Just get going on a couple of long trips, see how it goes and enjoy yourselves.
    Best of luck with the doctors appointment.

Richard.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Localdave

Localdave Funster

Hi Hils & Glenn
    I hope everything goes well with the DVLA.
    Please let me know if you are still looking to sell though.
    Regards
    Dave & Sylvia

• Thanks Thanks x 1