Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
hi vanners anyone got the the correct dimensions,exterior, of a Hymer 66os merc , were off to Berlin via Amsterdam and i,m wanting to book the ferry.saves me getting the tape measure out ha ha! Anyone been to Berlin in their vans? any tips? i was there 20 years ago with the Army,never been motorhoming there though,cant wait ::bigsmile: jonjay just thought of another question,can i watch freeview tv fom my van in germany if i tune it in? we wanted to watch some of the Olympics while we were away ,i think i,ll have to brush up on my G erman ,maybe i can subtitle it JJ

Last edited:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Went to Berlin 2010 camped outside the city and bussed into it.

Berlin centre is an Umwelt zone. Link Removed

The open top tour bus is the best way to see the city.

Pete:Cool:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Good point - Berlin is a green plakette only city (Euro 4 and 5) so an old Hymer will not be able to enter the city area. You'll have to find a site or stellplatz outside the zone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Hi thanks all for the replies and advice,which was pretty handy because i was,nt aware of these green zones in Germany!I,ve just been on that link you put on Pete and purchased a badge for the environmental areas,whether they issue me with one is another matter,anyway it cost just under 30 euros, i,m hoping to book a campsite about 25 minutes from the city and just travel in via public transport,i think the site were booking has a shuttle service to the local bus station,i know from when i was stationed in Berlin that the Germans transport system is very good ,any more advice or tips would be gratefully received jonjay :thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
The best advice I can give is that the Currywurst in Berlin is different/not as good as most of the rest of Germany so be warned.:whatthe:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I wish I could remember what it was called. It had the best showers and toilets of any campsite I've ever been on and believe me I've been on a few.
It was like walking into a Hilton hotel, but woe betide you if you entered in any other foot wear than flipflops:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
No worries mate, i,ve emailed a few sites for price and availability,weve stayed on a few sites in western Germany in the past and they,ve all been pretty good :Smile: JJ

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
just enjoy it, it's a great city to visit,

Pete :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Thanks Pete, i was lucky to be there when the "iron curtain" came down,and this is the first chance i,ve had to go back,i,m thinking the place has changed a hell of a lot,but only better than before,i cant wait :Cool: JJ

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Back to the OP

Info taken from the Technical Data for the Hymermobile 660

Length/mm 6580
Breadth/mm 2220
Height/mm 2810
Wheelbase/mm 3799

Permissed gross/Kg (410 petrol or diesel) = 4600kg (309D) = 3500kg (409D) = 4600 kg

John

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Hymer dimensions

hi got my environmental badge today for Berlin,a red one ,so i,m still restricted on travelling in some zones,luckily my campsite is outside the city limits,me nd the missus will be using public transport to get around anyway! Booked the ferry and there was a £28 fuel surcharge ,i do believe in bein eco friendly but i think in this country we just get ripped off,never mind were looking forward to visiting Berlin and hopefully some nice weather JJ:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back