Hymer 660 Mercedes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by steve downey, Oct 23, 2015.

1. steve downey

steve downey Read Only Funster

Hi, I have recently bought the above van and after a 6,000 mile trip to the North of Norway (fishing trip) have decided that it is a van for life. But, from 1990 until now it has worn a little on the inside and needs some restoration- new bathroom etc. Could anyone suggest the best way of getting a high quality job done?

2. Gollom

Gollom Funster

Hi Steve

Great choice! Suggest you request to join the closed Facebook group Classic Hymers. No charge but a wealth of information and help from a bunch of great people.

Perceived wisdom is that one of the best Hymer people in the UK is Peter Hambleton up here in Preston, Lancs. Last time I spoke he appears booked up for at least next 2 months! There are also a couple of guys on the FB group who have earned great respect and may be more in your geography

P.S. Subscribing to MotorHome Fun is a great idea too (only £15 I thinks and HUGE value) Lots of helpful people who all appear to be slightly unhinged :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  3. Mel

Mel Funster

Hi Steve

Welcome to Fun

Mel

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  4. steve downey

steve downey Read Only Funster

Sue and Steve from Preston-thank you and I will certainly suscribe to the mag as well as the FB site. I am quite excited at seeing what the possibilities are.

• Like Like x 1