Hymer 584 reversing light & horn not working (1 Viewer)

Colintc

Free Member
Feb 18, 2017
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
I have a 2002 Hymer 584 on a Fiat 2.8jtd. The reversing lights and horn have stopped working and the local garage says there is no sensor on gearbox for reversing lights (as would usually be on a 2.8jtd) and horn appears to be on same wiring circuit. They have checked fuses as well but cannot trace any fault as yet. Has anybody had similar problems?

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
On my 2004 B544 2.8 JTD when the reversing lights did not operate (fuse/bulb all ok) a 'plunger' type' switch which was activated by selecting 'reverse' gear was replaced. Almost sure the said switch is mounted on the gearbox, but cannot confirm that the horn circuit had been on the same circuit.
There must be a 'reversing' sensor fitted?
Has it possibly become un-screwed and dropped off?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Colintc

Colintc

Free Member
Feb 18, 2017
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
Thanks for reply. I will pass on your info. The garage works a lot with Fiat Ducato's and the mechanic said that there was no sensor/switch mounted on the gearbox which was what he would of expected. I'm a bit concerned that the garage will now spend many hours trying to trace the problem and was just wondering if Hymer had made some modification when first manufactured by them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
If you input 'Reversing light' or 'Reversing switch' in the Search box (top right) there is additional Forum info on this same problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back