Hymer 562 Silverline van (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2012
Warks / Leics border
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I am new to motorhoming and looking for my first van. We hired one recently to get the feel of what to look for, but there is so much choice out there it is doing my head in. We had intended a second hand coachbuilt or a van conversion. A dealer today talked me into looking at a new and unregistered, but 2011 model, Hymer 562 silverline van on a Ford Transit at a price around 42k. The storage and fixed single bed arrangement on a sub 7m van attracts us. However I can find hardly any unbiased reviews, on the web etc, of this model. Has anyone come across one of these and if so how would they rate them. I am a bit suspicious because for instance the sales guy says it is 140bhp, but the specs I have found say it is 110bhp.
Any comments would help.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
:ROFLMAO:

Man who listens to a salesman

:ROFLMAO:

Seriously? Continue searching for what you want, not what a salesman is trying to get rid of.

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I must say that I agree with the above. Having said that, it is not a bad price at all for a new one, even a 2011 model. I made a list of "must haves" and another list of "nice to haves" and worked from that when we made our choice. Still got it a bit wrong!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I am new to motorhoming and looking for my first van. We hired one recently to get the feel of what to look for, but there is so much choice out there it is doing my head in. We had intended a second hand coachbuilt or a van conversion. A dealer today talked me into looking at a new and unregistered, but 2011 model, Hymer 562 silverline van on a Ford Transit at a price around 42k. The storage and fixed single bed arrangement on a sub 7m van attracts us. However I can find hardly any unbiased reviews, on the web etc, of this model. Has anyone come across one of these and if so how would they rate them. [HI]I am a bit suspicious because for instance the sales guy says it is 140bhp, but the specs I have found say it is 110bhp.[/HI]
Any comments would help.

Hi

report here and the specs quoted ... where did you get your specs ?

BASE VEHICLE

Type: Ford Transit MWB chassis cab

Power unit: 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel

Maximum power: 140bhp @ 3500rpm

Maximum torque: 350Nm @ 1800-2400rpm

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I have one and I am very pleasedwith it,prior to that I had an Auto Trail on a FIAT X250,lovely conversion, pig of a base chassis. I had Hymers prior to this after graduating from self built,4X4 and VW conversions, I was looking for a change-what a mistake! The price is fair,I did see one at Brownhills Newark a few weeks ago for £40000 2010 model the only thing I could see is that it had a satelite dome and gaslow fitted.Hymers have never let me down. Make you own decision if you are comfortable with it and certainly the Tranny is a good base.
There are 2 power versions I think 140ps and 115ps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back