Aug 30, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Hymer A544
Exp
this old classic is now in need of a few repairs
Sorry for the long list but any info appreciated
First does anyone have an engine maintenance manual I'm not incredibly tekkie but can do some basic stuff with the right info. image.jpeg And there's no turbo. While I'm talking about engines is there a newer engine that could replace this one. It still ticks reliably but some more uphill torque and efficiency would be an improvement.
I need a cap for the window washer reservoir as don't know what's happened to the old one image.jpeg

Also need. Roof light just the outside cover 400x400 - the whole unit was repealed last year but had Aries replaced and the fitter cracked the lid of the roof light. Gave a discount but now I have to find the part. image.jpeg

Thetford C3 cassette - the push button flush has stopped working - anyone any experience of this? Is it a fuse. Switch? Relay?

Lastly am trying to identify the vans history it's a lhd imported in 2002 registered in 1993 found the Vin and the serial so think it's Austrian build but that's about it so far. Am told the Citroens were not as common as Mercedes or fiats so less of them compare. I think it's an A class 544 or 544b can I get more info from the vin or serial numbers?
image.jpeg
Lastly there is a strange button on the dashboard anyone know what this might be for? image.jpeg

That's my starter for 10 any advice welcome

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Welcome to Fun and best of luck with your list!

Are you sure it's a C3 Thetford? If it is then this might help as it's a common problem on that model. The flushing knob has a microswitch fitted that closes when the cassette is removed. Problem is that each time you turn the knob causes fatigue on the wires and eventually they break. You have to take out the cassette and remove the bottom assembly from below. Single star headed screw is removed (long shaft screwdriver needed) and assembly comes away. Good luck.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/thetford-casette-c3-help-needed.106739/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Davidh

Davidh

Free Member
Aug 30, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Hymer A544
Exp
Thanks for the warm welcome - have taken the. Hymer on a few trips in the uk and a few weeks in France and loved it. Rock solid on the road and really comfortable. Thanks for advice on the Thetford. Pretty sure it's a C3 from the manuals included and had a scout round the Thetford web site. First I'd heard of the wires breaking but could be spot on so will check it out many thanks Dave and Ginny

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Welcome

re roof light window .. as far as I know you cant buy the dome separately.. , you need to buy complete window..

any 400x400 will fit.. including ones with fans.. or turbo vents..

here is the one you have, it's an MPK 400 x 400

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/mpk-vent-rooflight-400-x-400mm.html

I'm replacing mine with a Mini Heki.. a bit more expensive but it opens right up for better ventilation.. https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/v...-fixed-ventilation-for-roof-thickness-25-42mm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Can you use a multimeter and check for 12 volts at your toilet ? Our Adria caravan had an electric flush that stopped working, there was barely any current getting to the unit. I traced the fault to where the Thetford supplied cable was joined to the Adria wiring, the copper wire in the negative lead had turned black, a common fault on older DC systems, I just kept cutting the wires back till I found cleaner copper and soldered the join together.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back