Free Member
Sep 24, 2016
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2000
Hi any help would be be good just purchased a 1994 hymer old shape need sum parts eg shower tray have problem with fire when I turn it on flames start shooting out from the the temperature control unit at bottom of fire then it shuts off if I leave it on low it's OK as soon I try to turn the heat up orange flames starts to shoot out all I know is it is a traumatic and is a burgundy color front I also having trouble with the control panel is shown that there is a drain when it's daytime the solar panel kicks in its back to normal if anybody can help would be very grateful thanks carl

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi, @Carlo, The fault on the gas fire sounds really serious. A dodgy gas fire in a MH can be lethal. If it were me I wouldn't attempt a DIY repair, I would go to a MH/Caravan service centre and pay to have an expert check it out. Don't know where you are in Wiltshire but if you go to Yellow Pages and type in "caravan motorhome service wiltshire" quite a few results come up.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
THE place for all things Hymer is Peter Hambilton engineering although he is based in Preston, Lancashire.
Tel no 01772-315078
PR1 9TU
service@hymerdirect.com.
Too far to travel perhaps but they should be able to get any parts you require although as has previously been said here unless you are thoroughly competent at DIY your gas fire problem is best left for an expert.
Norman.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Try Classic Hymer on Facebook,,,loads of help on there,,,BUSBY,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun