• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD HYDRAULIC EASY LIFTER MOTOR CYCLE RACK (1 Viewer)

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi There everybody.

If by any chance you follow the thread “what have you bought today” you might have seen I’ve purchased a Easylifter Hydra trail to enable me to carry My heavier Triumph motorbike, so that means my Easylifter hydraulic lifter has to go.

The photograph below tells most of the story but the only thing I will say is that the red cover on the bar which presses down on the bike has a tear in it and the colour has faded a bit, also I don’t have the original jack handle but have one which the previous owner supplied.

If you are worried about the cover I expect you could purchase one from Easylifter themselves.

Get an early Christmas present £375

Reg Romoved Bar fixed.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Jim has asked that members don't bump for sale ads

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The trick is to update your ad with extra pics and info

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
The trick is to update your ad with extra pics and info
Hi Robert thanks for that, in fact this is the first time I've bumped anything and did not know if it would work. I've seen the word bump in many threads and decided to try it rather than totally repost the add. I like your info to update with extra info, then I assume it gets to the top of the list automatically.
Best Wishes Tony

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Robert thanks for that, in fact this is the first time I've bumped anything and did not know if it would work. I've seen the word bump in many threads and decided to try it rather than totally repost the add. I like your info to update with extra info, then I assume it gets to the top of the list automatically.
Best Wishes Tony
Bumps are not created equally
For sale bumps are toxic compared with others

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
If by any chance you follow the thread “what have you bought today” you might have seen I’ve purchased a Easylifter Hydra trail to enable me to carry My heavier Triumph motorbike, so that means my Easylifter hydraulic lifter has to go.

As a matter of interest, how heavy is your new Triumph? I have just bought a Triumph Bonneville America LT which weighs in at 250 kilos and was researching my best options? Is the Hydra Trail the way to go in your opinion?

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
As a matter of interest, how heavy is your new Triumph? I have just bought a Triumph Bonneville America LT which weighs in at 250 kilos and was researching my best options? Is the Hydra Trail the way to go in your opinion?

Hi Mike
I think you will find the LT is slightly heavier than the standard Triumph America as it has the screen and bags and the sissy bar, especially when the it's fuelled up 270kg I believe see link below.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/triumph/2015-triumph-america-lt-ar167626.html

Having said that the screen is easily removable and so is the bags on the rear and if you travel with the tank reasonably low you should get away with it.

I have the small screen and bags which I will remove when traveling and the fuel tank will be as low as possible.

When loading the bike I have to take off the right front foot board as it hits the Hydratrail mechanism.

It will be up to you if you go down this route but I think if you can get the motorbike down to 250kg I see no problems.

Other than that it’s a type of trailer or something similar.

Best Wishes Tony

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi I have a Sprinter van do you think I would be able to open the rear door's yours Brian
Hi Brian I think the answer is NO obviously you are talking about if you have a bike on the Easylifter and then you want to open the doors.
I think you would have to lower the bike before you could even attempt to open the doors, even then I'm not certain you would be able to open them.
Best Wishes Tony

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The easylifter website talks about a trailing castor that takes 85% of the weight. Does this have one of those or is it an add on? When fitted with a castor does this count as a trailer in terms of the permitted weight?

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
@Jim Breen Probably not a good idea to post your email address and mobile number in an open forum. You still have time to edit it out if you see this soon enough.

After an hour it will be too late to edit, in which case you will need to PM @Jim to do it for you.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The easylifter website talks about a trailing castor that takes 85% of the weight. Does this have one of those or is it an add on? When fitted with a castor does this count as a trailer in terms of the permitted weight?
No it does not have castors/wheels,
They are not an option or this model
Maximum recomended weight is circa 150kg for this one, if memory serves, unofficialy they are tested to a much higher figure but euro Mo Ho rear floors and chassis are very much weaker than it,s possible limit hence a martgin for safety

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Jim @Jim Breen sorry in the late reply as I'm in the New Forest an lacking in internet signal.
Yes Jim the easylifter is still available, are you interested?
Best Wishes Tony

Last edited:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The easy lifter hydraulic trail looks a great idea ,unfortunately it only goes up to 250KG my bike weighs 330 KG

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi There thanks for your interest, but no the one you are talking about is the Hydratrail which has two castor wheels.
Many Thanks Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everyone just to clarify the Easylifter I'm selling is rated to 200kg listed on the plate.
Best Wishes Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back