Hydra trail easy lifter scooter trailer (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The American Version.?
IMG_0635.JPG

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I have tried emailing Easy-Lifter but get no reply, has the latest version of the Hydra Trail got suspension. A friend has an older two wheel version with no suspension and it shook his scooter to bits if tied tight and was forever loosening the straps if not. He has now had Indispension units welded on and is very pleased with it.
Steve

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Ye
@OldAgeTravellers, do the wheels still "castor" with the indespension units fitted ?
Yes he had them welded on to the caster units with some other strengthening and using the original mudguards and they work very well and have solved all the tie down problems. Although we were looking at it and a strong hinged arm bolted to the top of the handlebars would be even better, Similar to the Yo-remorques.
Steve

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
After building a few conventional trailers, I considered knocking up something like the hydra but with it's own suspension, a bit like the yo remork. I looked at combining Indespension type units but mounting them was looking a bit of a hash up, so I designed some independantly "sprung" swivelling units utilising industrial rubber springs. Unfortunately, health issues leading to selling our R 1250 RT put things on the back burner, I think I need to resurrect this project as there's a definite market for a reasonably priced, sturdy castoring bike trailer.
Here's the springs I bought.
20170216_194157.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back