Huttoft Car Terrace, Lincolnshire

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kaybee, Oct 2, 2013.

1. kaybee

kaybee Funster

Just to let folks know that the council erected height barriers (6ft 2in) last week so most motorhomers will not be able to appreciate the views along this stretch of coast from their motorhomes anymore.

I must say those folks who used the car terrace as a free holiday destination and those who left their rubbish and waste in the dunes have spoilt it for us all once more. Its hard to argue with the local council having witnessed some of the filth left behind

2. mdixon

mdixon Read Only Funster

Rather than erecting expensive posts and height poles...

Why dont they install CCTV and protect all vehicles.
    This also means they could prosecute anybody illegally dumping or Overnighting.

Dont ruin it for everybody!!

:cry::cry::cry:

• Like Like x 2
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Cost perhaps? Installing - and ongoing monitoring - of CCTV is likely to cost more than the barriers.

It could have all been avoided though. As I said on This Thread, why did those who identified a case for motorhome stopovers not approach Lincolnshire County Council and offer to work with them to create something, rather than just turning up and camping because they wanted to?

4. alan

alan Funster

Huttoft Car Terrace

IMG_0577.jpg When I first bought my motorhome that is the first place I went to and in 2008 it was exceptionaly peacefull, Its also a nice place to park the car and have a walk into Sutton on Sea another great place spoilt by a few people abusing the area.
    If you walk out at very low tide you can see the remains of Huttoft forrest fosilized tree stumps
    alan

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1