Hunt the microphone (1 Viewer)

Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
Hi folks, I am hoping some one out there has the answer for my quest which is Hunt the Microphone.
I have a 2011 Fiat Ducato PVC with the blue & me sound system and when using the hands free phone system, incoming voice quality is very good. However when I talk to the caller they say it sounds like I am talking from the far end of a cave.
The handbook is of no use, the only information relates to voice commands not working and they refer to "being too far away from the microphone"
I have had the radio out but there is no microphone socket as such so I can only assume two of the loom wires that go into the back of the radio connect to a microphone somewhere. However I can't find the actual microphone. I have Remis blinds fitted across the windscreen and wonder if these hide the microphone.
Can anyone throw any light on this please.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Can't help with your Mic but I know when I recently fitted a new unit the sound was awful when I tried calling someone as they could hardly hear me, I then discover the mic had a sensitivity setting turned this up and all works

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I had a similar problem when I purchased my New MoHo. Colin of @Armytwowheels fame was convinced that the fault was with my Mic so I purchased a new one and replaced it in the back of the radio.

I realise it was easier for me as I had found the faulty Mic but if you simply plugged a new mic in it would prove whether this is the problem or not for under a fiver.

Best of luck........ Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
On the van I've just got I found what I think is the mike in the head lining in cab close to interior cab light.. It is held in place behind a tiny grill.. you could check for that sort of feature in the head lining..
Andy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Some units have a very small hole in the head unit itself like a Mobile phone

OP
OP
Attila the Hen
Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
Thanks Andy, I had a hunt and found the small grille with a microphone behind in the map light cluster. Found a damaged cable in the loom, remade the connection and now everything works and I am (almost) intelligable when using the hands free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back