Hunt the microphone

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Attila the Hen, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Funster

Hi folks, I am hoping some one out there has the answer for my quest which is Hunt the Microphone.
    I have a 2011 Fiat Ducato PVC with the blue & me sound system and when using the hands free phone system, incoming voice quality is very good. However when I talk to the caller they say it sounds like I am talking from the far end of a cave.
    The handbook is of no use, the only information relates to voice commands not working and they refer to "being too far away from the microphone"
    I have had the radio out but there is no microphone socket as such so I can only assume two of the loom wires that go into the back of the radio connect to a microphone somewhere. However I can't find the actual microphone. I have Remis blinds fitted across the windscreen and wonder if these hide the microphone.
    Can anyone throw any light on this please.

2. lorger

lorger Funster

Can't help with your Mic but I know when I recently fitted a new unit the sound was awful when I tried calling someone as they could hardly hear me, I then discover the mic had a sensitivity setting turned this up and all works

3. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I had a similar problem when I purchased my New MoHo. Colin of @Armytwowheels fame was convinced that the fault was with my Mic so I purchased a new one and replaced it in the back of the radio.

I realise it was easier for me as I had found the faulty Mic but if you simply plugged a new mic in it would prove whether this is the problem or not for under a fiver.

Best of luck........ Griff

4. andy63

andy63 Funster

On the van I've just got I found what I think is the mike in the head lining in cab close to interior cab light.. It is held in place behind a tiny grill.. you could check for that sort of feature in the head lining..
    Andy

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Some units have a very small hole in the head unit itself like a Mobile phone

6. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Funster

Thanks Andy, I had a hunt and found the small grille with a microphone behind in the map light cluster. Found a damaged cable in the loom, remade the connection and now everything works and I am (almost) intelligable when using the hands free.

• Like Like x 1