Hundred million pounds made from puppy smuggling each year.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by buttons, Oct 16, 2015.

1. buttons

buttons Funster

2. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

No smuggling here:whistle:

[​IMG]

3. buttons

buttons Funster

Nice pups.....ah

4. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan Funster Life Member

I'd question their valuations of puppies atb £1300.00 , but this has been going on for years , I used to breed mini schnauzer and I did it in the most ethical way possible , only ever had one sick puppy ,despite it being cleared by a vet it went sick again so I gave the owner her money back she insisted on keeping the puppy .

There is big money to be earned from pups ,but you need to have the concience of an assassin, I estimate that if I went into full time production I could have earned 6 to 10k a month

So how do you combat this puppy farming ? , follow the guide lines set by the kennel club ,with pedigrees they will have papers , but the cross breeds will not so they can by pass any sort of formal checks , I'm not saying go for a pedigree as inmho a lot of breeds now have genetic problems , if you ask to see the mother and they can't show her ,then walk away ,don't be seduced by that puppy

• Like Like x 4
  6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

well we in the various rescues have campaigned on this for years. the only solution is a blanket ban on breeding without a licence, compulsory microchipping and dog licences

• Like Like x 6
  7. laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan Funster Life Member

There are puppy resellers who have been checked by their local authorities, where do they get their puppy's from ?

The solution is not quite that black and white ,even licensing breeders will not work IMHO , there will always be those that claim it was an accident ,next doors dog etc ,it would take a combination of education and licensing

Education does work , if you have ever tried to sell a puppy in December you will find that the "puppy's are not just for Christmas " has worked .

• Like Like x 2
  8. Geordies

Geordies Funster

It's disgusting !! Tho I'd take the cash amounts published with a pinch of salt.

9. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    Puppies? See paul O'Grady last night at BDH.? Two little Yorkie X's All together AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    Tea Bag

10. salthegal10

salthegal10

I rescued an ex-breeder that had come from a puppy mill from Many Tears dog rescue last year. These poor little souls are left in a terrible mental and physical state. My little dog had not been inside a house and when see saw grass for the first time pulled at my heart. She was in a sorry state and hate to think what state she was in before the rescue had given her vet care. I wish people would look closer at where their dogs are coming from.
    Taking on these dogs from the rescues are not for the faint hearted but boy am I glad we did. We have watched her bloom in her new life and although it will always be a bit scary she now loves life.