Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've never had a problem with the Hudl 1 when using the sat.nav. Admittedly I've only ever used it to back up the other one but it always gave identical info to the main one even though it was above me lying in the overcab bed or under the cushion behind the drivers seat.
Doesn't that make it difficult to see the screen???? :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to clarify the tablet we've got isn't a Hudl, it's a Samsung, and since hubby's tweaked the settings he thinks the Tom Tom software is running faster, also he's put a phone sim in it and that's improved it too as it uses the phone signal network which apparently helps with the GPS (don't ask me how) so makes it quicker - this is without internet/wifi connection. This was something he found out whilst researching on the internet so I'll try to remember to give it a test when we go to a car boot sale tomorrow about 30 mins away and will report back.
Well, we gave the Samsung tablet a test this morning and found that having the phone sim in certainly made it find our actual location quicker which was one of the main complaints we had - it utilises the phone masts to triangulate rather than just relying on the GPS chip, hence the improvement (it doesn't need internet so can be used abroad like this too).

For now we'll stick with the Samsung as it's only a 7" screen so a nice size to use in the cab, the Hudl 2 being 8" could be a bit toooo big.

If you intend to buy any tablet to use with sat nav IMV it would be worth getting one which can take a phone sim (ours can be used as a phone ... albeit a large one!) as many can't, and having the sim in it has certainly improved the TomTom sat nav.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
The Hudl 3 isn't going to happen at all and there are doubts about whether Tesco will provide ongoing support for Hudl2 users. We were going to get one for our six year old boy for Christmas but we'll have to seek an alternative now.

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Just bought a Google Nexus 7 for £100 for travel use so the £300 iPad can stay at home when we are away.

Decent little tablet but wanted to compare to the Hudl2 but couldn't find any.....maybe that says something about which is best!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back