wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
20g's for £20 is not bad but If you cancel straight away, you have a nice 4G MiFi for not much money and easily unlocked if its not already(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I had one on Vodafone PAYG but Vodafone don't have the rural coverage I needed. I tried to get it unlocked but the one i had would not accept the unlock codes...... it went in the bin after a couple of months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ours is with 3.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The reviews for what? The mi-fi or three network?
the network .. ID Mobile..
http://www.s21.com/id-mobile.htm
Average rating from 98 reviews:
1star.gif

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I just checked and it is on Three
http://www.s21.com/id-mobile.htm
Yep, it's a Carphone Warehouse company, just cancelled my phone contract and got a Sim only deal from them £5/month 30day contract 250min, 5000 text, 500 mb (4g) data, they say no tethering but there are ways round that. Also have a freedom pop sim that gives 200 min, 200 text & 200mb (4G) of data with free roaming allows tethering and it's all free apart from the initial £5 for the sim, also uses the 3 network, not very good on voice as it uses VOIP not a cell connection. I've brought a dual sim phone, apart from using the Freedom pop one occasionally to keep it active the plan is to use it when roaming.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We use 3 with Huawei mobile wifi and we have been paying £70 for a 12 month 12g card and then you can top up monthly if necessary - we have found we usually get 11 months out if it and top up. last time we bought the card think it was April 15 we were warned that they may be discontinuing that deal and bringing a new one in - possibly to do with 4g

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We use 3 with Huawei mobile wifi and we have been paying £70 for a 12 month 12g card and then you can top up monthly if necessary - we have found we usually get 11 months out if it and top up. last time we bought the card think it was April 15 we were warned that they may be discontinuing that deal and bringing a new one in - possibly to do with 4g
We have exactly the same deal - which is great
You can't top up with the same deal, but you can still buy another new simcard and start again

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searc...rTariff=50to99.99&payGPriceForTariff=0to49.99

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I think why people say it's a great deal is, you buy it for £20 a Month then cancel your monthly contract, then you have a (almost) free unlocked 4G Mi-fi.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
I got an ID sim for using in Europe, okay for feel at home phone use, but when it came to using it for data they charge a huge amount. I immediately cancelled the contract, and went over to 3 for my phone & data, and a Knowhow data sim for my huawei, which I used last year over 4 months in Spain, to my full satisfaction. Knowhow data sim gives you the 1st month free data,so the cost of £4.50p for the sim is a good deal, I contracted for the 6gbs at £15.99, monthly, therefore will get 6gbs free in my 1st month, then when I get home will terminate it. By the way Knowhow also has Portugal as one of its Feel good countries, but amazingly at the moment it does not count France as one. I bought 4 of these sims, so that when I terminate the contract back home, I still have one for next year in the winter, as well as being able to help anyone out when abroad.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back