Huawei Help required by please (1 Viewer)

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I am in need of some urgent help please with setting up mifi now we are in France. I have a Huawei mifi and a couple of the 3 13GB go anywhere data cards. I have been using the set up whilst in U.K. For
My iPhone and iPad. We arrived in France today and no matter what I try I cannot get them to set up here. Both the iPad and phone recognise them but the keep sending me to the Login page. I log in with admin and admin and am told that password is incorrect. On my iPad it says I have to set up data roaming but does not give me the option of any data provider. On my I phone which would normally be used on O2 again it sends me to login page but I cannot log in. I have just had to pay o2 £2 to buy some data to try and fix this. So please help needed if possible. Thanks

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
You do not need a provider, just enable roaming. It will say this might incurr charges ignore it it will not!

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Admin admin works for me on windows with mifi plugged into usb port

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm a bit confused. Have you used the 3 sim cards in the UK? It sounds as if you haven't. So have you used the mifi in the UK with another sim card? Not sure I have an answer, just trying to identify the issue.
Have you installed the Huawei app? It makes it easier to manage.

Deleted User
All I can suggest is checking that you are being connected to the correct login page 192.168.1.1 for Huwaei devices

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Where in France are you?
I will be at Parthenay tomorrow then Parc Verger from 14th
If you are anywhere near i can set it up for you.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Have you informed 3 you were going abroad and wanted to use it I had to do that the first time I went abroad with mine.

OP
OP
M
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Yes I have used the 3 card in mifi in U.K. Was using it yesterday in Portsmouth eont work today in France. Tried the second one as thought may be a card problem. Same result.
admin/admin is not accepted. No haven't used app just website. No internet so can't download app when I try I just get referred back to website. On I pad when I hit mobile data in setting NHS it gives me the option of setting it up but once just offered me a PAYG roaming site and now just says cannot connect to server. On I phone I just get the log in page. Bought both data cards from
my memory. They are the 3 internet with legs ones. £24 or similar for 12gb for the year

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
My cards are from my memory.
On windows machine just plug mifi into usb and it installs 3 app then brings up the page.
Have to say my mifi is a 3 one!

OP
OP
M
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Now I have some data on phone will try 3 website. Also maybe a call to them
Tomorrow. Yes sounds like I have not been set up for roaming but as Muncie says I didnt think you needed to. Sorry for my ignorance but where is Parc Verger? We are in Caen with the idea of wandering down FranceSpain and Portugal to Southern Spain. Hence the mifi set up.

OP
OP
M
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
On one occasion I had to log in the code on the unit again but doesn't work when asked for password etc

May 9, 2011
Cheshire / Vale De Parra
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55
Exp
Since 2011
I recently connected my Huawei mifi for the first time in Portugal, on three 12g sim typed username. admin then password which was the number on the inside battery cover, connected straight away.

OP
OP
M
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Hi. Thanks for that idea. Just tried it. No joy!! Have spent the last half hour trying to contact 3. Lots of numbers but can't get to speak to anyone

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The default setting for data roaming was 'OFF' on the two Huwei MIFI that we have owned - which means that they work fine in the U.K. With a UK SIM card, but not anywhere else.
To turn on data roaming

1) select the mifi in your phone/tablet wifi settings
2) open a web browser and type in the IP address as shown in your handbook
Mine is 192.168.8.1
3) enter the admin username and password
admin
admin
(Both lowercase)
4) in settings, select Mobile Connection
5) check data roaming is turned on

IMG_5589.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If admin/admin doesn't work when trying to access the mifi it looks like someone has changed the codewords - can't help you there I'm afraid. I'm also assuming it's unlocked?

ANDY400R

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
I had a similar problem with mine in France last month, couldn't get it to work on admin admin and eventually got thru to 3 who told me to do a reset of the mifi. Remove back cover and there is a small white button, press this with the tip of a pen and then tried admin admin again and it worked straight away. Not sure if this will help or not but could be worth a try.

OP
OP
M
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Andy400R. You were so right!! I am now on my I pad having managed to connect to 3 live chat. Took at least 20 mins but the guy kept at it until he advised reset button. Pressed that then was given option to enable roaming. Pressed yes and here I am on I pad a very happy bunny. I didn't dare leave the chat to check this for updates. Was trying each sugggestion as it came in. Must be time for another celebratory red and Thanks to everyone who offered help. It was worth paying for data just to get through to this forum.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
When I had trouble with it refusing my login I just reset it with a pin or pen and started again.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
This is from 3 help page
Our Mobile Broadband works in over 138 countries so you can stay connected when you're abroad.

If you're on Pay Monthly and you want to use your iPad abroad, you'll need to call us on 500 free from a Three phone or Link Removed(standard rates apply) from any other phone so we can activate international roaming.

If you have a new Pay Monthly SIM plan with us, you won't be able to use your SIM abroad for the first 60 days of your contract. If you want to use your phone abroad, you'll need to call us after 60 days to activate international roaming.

If you're on Pay As You Go your iPad will already be set up to use abroad, but you'll need to top-up your account before you go away.

If you use your iPad abroad the data won't come out of your monthly allowance, instead you'll be charged standard roaming rates, unless you’re in a Feel At Home destination. You can check these rates in our price guide by going to three.co.uk/priceguide on your iPad or computer. Or you can find out more about Feel At Home on your iPad, or visit three.co.uk/feelathome on your computer.

Worldwide and EU data roaming limits.

To help you manage your costs abroad, we've set a worldwide data roaming limit of £40 per month. You can find more information, including details of how to change this limit and how to turn off data roaming so you won't be charged by going to three.co.uk/dataroaming on your iPad or computer.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes I have used the 3 card in mifi in U.K. Was using it yesterday in Portsmouth eont work today in France. Tried the second one as thought may be a card problem. Same result.
admin/admin is not accepted. No haven't used app just website. No internet so can't download app when I try I just get referred back to website. On I pad when I hit mobile data in setting NHS it gives me the option of setting it up but once just offered me a PAYG roaming site and now just says cannot connect to server. On I phone I just get the log in page. Bought both data cards from
my memory. They are the 3 internet with legs ones. £24 or similar for 12gb for the year

Telephone THREE,,,,BUSBY,,,

Deleted User
The existence of a reset pin is valuable information, I have looked on mine and found it in case of emergencies.

I found it puzzling that the OP could not log in to access the set up menu, a good tip:)

ANDY400R

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Andy400R. You were so right!! I am now on my I pad having managed to connect to 3 live chat. Took at least 20 mins but the guy kept at it until he advised reset button. Pressed that then was given option to enable roaming. Pressed yes and here I am on I pad a very happy bunny. I didn't dare leave the chat to check this for updates. Was trying each sugggestion as it came in. Must be time for another celebratory red and Thanks to everyone who offered help. It was worth paying for data just to get through to this forum.
Glad to hear your sorted now, enjoy the rest of your trip.
Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back