Huawei E5332 can it be used in France (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
If someone could give me advice I am going to France this weekend and use mifi E5332 with three sim will it work have sim uk and abroad coverage selected on account

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes!
Make sure that the data roaming setting is set to yes on the internal menu of the MIFI

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I've got a similar Huawei 'Three' mifi unit. (E5530 I think) Worked ok in France using their 'Feel at home' policy.

Just take it with you and give it a whirl! Don't forget the tip about putting the unit in a Tupperware box on the roof near a rooflight if the signal is poor.

BTW, I was down in Canvey last Friday. Met some friends in a big pub on the one-way system (Can't remember the name of it).

Hope you get on OK. Enjoy the trip
James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
One issue with MiFi generally is that SOME providers will only allow "Tethering" on Contracts and NOT PayGo.?. I went from Orange/EE to GiffGaff / O2 for that very reason.

Pete

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
One issue with MiFi generally is that SOME providers will only allow "Tethering" on Contracts and NOT PayGo.?. I went from Orange/EE to GiffGaff / O2 for that very reason.

Pete
The OP is using Three which works just fine in a MIFI in France

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Fine in France, slow in Spain and bloody useless in Portugal

Three doesn't work on the feel at home package in Portugal but it might work using international roaming - which could be very expensive.

Pete

If you intend to use a MiFi make sure you buy a data sim, not a phone or tablet one. This works on three PAYG.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Three doesn't work on the feel at home package in Portugal but it might work using international roaming - which could be very expensive.

If you intend to use a MiFi make sure you buy a data sim, not a phone or tablet one. This works on three PAYG.

It may well have changed BUT Orange (now EE) would not allow tethering on their Paygo service AT ALL. You had to be on "contract".

I have a 3 Dongle for almost 10 years now since they first came out. OK where you CAN get a signal. My current ZTE MF65. Can allow up to 10 devices to access. so far I have logged 2 I-Pads. 2 Smart Phone`s, 1 laptop, all seen to work OK?. (not simultaneously!)

Pete

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
You really need a mifi capable of taking an external aerial if you are on the road. putting something in a Tupperware box in order to try and get a signal, means you have the wrong equipment for the job!

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I've used a 3 mifi in France and Spain for the last 6 weeks. I've not been anywhere yet where I haven't had a full signal, although its a bit slow on our current site in Denia.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
using a huewei 5776 up the road a bit at estanyet and previously benicassim strong 3g only picking up movistar but only using it for the zgemma sly box

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Three doesn't work on the feel at home package in Portugal but it might work using international roaming -

Having been in Portugsl for several weeks with a number of other folks trying to get "3" to work it would appear you might be wrong

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
You really need a mifi capable of taking an external aerial if you are on the road. putting something in a Tupperware box in order to try and get a signal, means you have the wrong equipment for the job!

Yeh! but this was at least £50+ quid cheaper. so the Tupperware box it will be!!

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.

Trouble is, I have yet to find an aerial that seems to improve matters, better than putting the Mifi into a waterproof box, with a 5m USB cable to power it, all strapped to a 3m water down pipe, cable tied to the ladder on the back. Putting out a signal that high up often means, I can use my electronic newspaper in the shower block loooooooo. :sneaky:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I couldn't get my 3 data sim to get any service in portugal.. and I had enabled roaming...
Got sandra @irnbru to make some enquiries and if I remember rightly 3 have no partners there so it wouldn't work...
Ended up using a locally bought data sim and got service no bother with the huaweiE5372 unit.
Ta andy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The 'ID takaway PHONE sim' which (part of Car Phone Warehouse) works like '3' but has more countries including Portugal:

http://www.idmobile.co.uk/takeaway

We've just added Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia.

This is in addition to the existing list of countries:

Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden and USA.

So when you're in any one of these countries, you'll be able to use your data, and make calls or send texts to UK mobile numbers and landlines.

Calls to foreign numbers (even when you're in the same country) aren't included.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The 'ID takaway sim' which (part of Car Phone Warehouse) works like '3' but has more countries including Portugal:

http://www.idmobile.co.uk/takeaway

We've just added Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia.

This is in addition to the existing list of countries:

Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden and USA.

So when you're in any one of these countries, you'll be able to use your data, and make calls or send texts to UK mobile numbers and landlines.

Calls to foreign numbers (even when you're in the same country) aren't included.

Not really like the PAYG Three SIM I have got. 12 month plans only and none with Data only that I can see.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Yeh! but this was at least £50+ quid cheaper. so the Tupperware box it will be!!
The unlocked 4G mifi I got from 3 was about £60 & the aerial £10 off ebay!!!!! Sounds like someone had your pants down :Eeek:

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The unlocked 4G mifi I got from 3 was about £60 & the aerial £10 off ebay!!!!! Sounds like someone had your pants down :Eeek:

Your 70quid beats my £5-00. (well OK 5+ the leftover xmas voucher) say £20-00 in total?. I think at that the Old Tupperware box (Other brands are available) is a bargain to find out if the whole thing is the way to go, If not at that, I can afford to BIN it.(y)

Pete

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I got an unlocked Huawei E5573 mifi from Carphone warehouse for £20 including 1 month's data (20gb) ... beat that if you can! :p

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back