Huawei e5330 mifi connection problems (1 Viewer)

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Just bought the above but after hours of playing with it I can still only connect to one device at a time, the box says it can connect to up to 10. Any idea what I am doing wrong or not doing right?
Any help appreciated.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi jimoil

I bought one of those mifi units and a gifffaff data sim card a few weeks ago and had some problems getting it to work at all. In the end I had to resort to reading the instructions and the Giffgaff forums properly. I haven't used it much but I have had 2 devices working at the same time, I'm confident I could connect the full 10 if I needed to.

What happens when you try to connect more than one device?

Sorry I can't offer any specific help but I would keep trying with the configuration settings. Several times I reset the device to the default settings and started again. Let us know when (if) you succeed. Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
jimiol

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Thanks Paul I'll see if there is anymore advice on here before I start playing again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You shouldn't have to play with the mifi to add extra devices. Just fire up the tablet or phone and open up its wireless settings and search for the mifi, which might be called My Broadband or something like that. Then connect, the code for which might be inside the mifi battery cover.

The above assumes you have made the initial connection to the mifi using 192.168 etc?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have connected 5 devices * at once to mine. I can't understand the problem, if one connects then connecting others should be no problem.
*Two kindles, two tablets and my phone (swmbo only makes calls/texts on hers)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have the E5336 which I believe is basically the same mifi unit and I have no difficulties connecting 5 devices (1 Windows and 4 Android). Sometimes I have to re-boot mine when it says "No Signal" and miraculously it then finds a network with signal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back