HP Printer Ink (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
If you have an HP printer, you may interested to know that Lidl have an offer on HP (copy) inks to fit H364 and H920 .

H364XL & H920XL at £9.99 which I consider is a good price. For sale on Monday 21 December

colyboy

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's a good price but if your printer is less than 12 months old using generic inks invalidates the warranty and they can tell if you have done it.

Up to you of course, if it's a cheap printer it might be worth the risk but if it's a higher end one then it probably isn't.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have been using these people for the past 16 years ( but I do order 20 at a time as I am a BIG user !! )

Broken Link Removed

As for warranty .. That depends on the model.. Only a few of the HP range has the ability to detect and record what has been used..
And yes, I WAS a time served ( as in the 4 day course LOL !! ) HP engineer as well as an Epson one as well as a Canon one )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I gave up using inkjets years ago... expensive ink, blocked jets, high consumption cleaning, poor print quality. Over the years I've tried branded machines & cheap ones.
Now I've got a basic colour laser.
It's been brilliant, reliable (even if not used for weeks), cheap compatible toner lasts for ages & print quality is superb.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have an HP laser printer/copier/scanner that I do not suppose has seen 100 pages go through it..
If anyone can use it, £50 and its theirs

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We switched all our business printers from laser to inkjet.
Faster (no warm up), no 'hot smell' when printing labels, no expensive drum to replace, and much cheaper cost per copy.
The individual ink cartridges are BIG and therefore expensive to buy initially, but they last ages, plus we can now print in colour, which is great

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The HP colour laser was not really compatible with how my network was set up
I used it for less than a week and had to go sort it out for the girl several times ( as said, due entirely to how it was utilised )
Nowadays ( having retired ) I only use the one printer ( an Epson ink jet ) as I have about 8ish cartridges of all the colours left over..
Given I am down to maybe a ream of paper a year rather than 2 reams a week they will probably see me out !
Absolutely no other reason

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Ive got an HP printer/scan/copier (PSC 750). Had it for years BUT, now I find that the ink far outweighs the cost of a new printer!

I bought another printer for 45 quid for downstairs and networked it. Unfortunately, neither will accept anything other than genuine HP cart's. They just throw up an error message and refuse to work.

There's no way that I'm paying 60 notes for cartridges when I can buy a whole HP printer/copy/scanner for 40 or less. It's such a shame that after these cart's are finished, I'm gonna have to throw a decent workable printer!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I buy genuine HP cartridges from Germany via www.toner24.co.uk Excellent service and prompt delivery. UK web address but based and operated from Germany.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
I use the tesco ink cartridges in my hp printer
I've done that too. It does throw up an error about them not being genuine but it still works. Also the Tesco ones clearly indicate how much ink is in them. I now buy the Tesco re-ink sets to fill them from. Works for me!

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Jaws. Is the printer still for sale?? What model HP laser printer is it? How old is it?

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
If you have a printer with separate cartridges for each colour consider a continuous ink system. I have an HP photosmart, very old, fitted a CIS five years ago for £16 from China have no worries about printing in full colour. Wife is an artist and often wants source material printed in hi quality. It was costing £30 per month in ink before that.
Steve

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ive got an HP printer/scan/copier (PSC 750). Had it for years BUT, now I find that the ink far outweighs the cost of a new printer!

I bought another printer for 45 quid for downstairs and networked it. Unfortunately, neither will accept anything other than genuine HP cart's. They just throw up an error message and refuse to work.

There's no way that I'm paying 60 notes for cartridges when I can buy a whole HP printer/copy/scanner for 40 or less. It's such a shame that after these cart's are finished, I'm gonna have to throw a decent workable printer!
I found after market cartridges don't like working alongside a genuine one.
try changing both colour and black at the same time at the first use of after market inks, thereafter of course you only need change what has run out
G

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back