Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Anyone know anything about these - Pete's in need of a new one! Old one has been a bit iffy for a while and now appears to have packed up entirely.

Don't want to spend more than about £500 on one, but looking for something decent - and with a good battery life, unsurprisingly perhaps LOL

Not used for anything complicated - W10, browsing, emails .....

Looking for recommendations.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've had two or three, all been decent machines.
Currys PC World have a few in at the moment.
I would probably go for an i5 processor but the i3 may be fast enough for what you need. I wouldn't got for a lower spec processor.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I am on my second HP pavilion, they have not been totally reliable but that could well be the same with other makes.
I am price conscious when buying laptops and could probably get far better if I spent more but I think many have a very limited useful life so not prepared to throw money away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I've had three HP Lappies and the third one was a bad experience. When the motherboard needed replacing I couldn't source it from HP so went to a 3rd party supplier who wanted almost as much as I paid for the laptop, went back to Dell for my laptop.

I've recently played with a 12inch Microsoft Surface, I was Bleddy impressed, trouble is the right spec is £1000, so I'll stick with my old dell when out and about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back