Mar 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
In the first!
Hi All

I've spent far too many hours over the last few days pouring over the Beginners forum and realised I was in trouble when I was caught with the giggles at 2am reading some of the posts. It seems a really friendly place here. ::bigsmile:

I'm a few days away from collecting our first MoHo, a Pilote Galaxy 25 and I haven't been this excited or impatient in years! (Hence the lack of sleep!)

We've camped for the last few years around the UK but I've always craved a motorhome. It's an enthusiasm I've never been able to explain properly to our friends.

We'll be paying the loan off for a few years, but I can't wait to get out and about; fear of the 20 foot beast notwithstanding!

Best wishes

Gordie

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and welcome from France. :france:

I only got my m/home in January and haven't ventured far yet (apart from driving it from the UK to France)

Spend your first "camp" close to home, then if anything goes wrong or you've forgotten anything, you're close to home. Gives you the chance to try everything out.

Have fun!!

p.s And whatever you forget, don't forget a carbon monoxide detector.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi Gordie

Do you know what you have let youselves in for?:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

You will have to spend hours in the van trying everything seeing what things do.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
You will have to spend weekends away from home.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
But worst of all you will have to enjoy yourselves::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Have a brilliant time good luck and enjoy:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
gawatt

gawatt

Free Member
Mar 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
In the first!
Thanks for the hellos!

We're going to spend our first night away quite close to home - just in case! :Smile:

thanks for the reminder Holly - thankfully the van is fitted with one. ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gordie

You wont regret it well you will when you have to wash it :ROFLMAO: If your able to park the van at home then no reason why you cant try things out there like cooking diner making up beds and loads of silly things. I would recommend go on your first trip with little and make a list of stuff you need and a list of stuff you would like so many people go and buy loads and never use it :ROFLMAO:. There is only 3 of us so we only have 3 of everything like outside chairs even down to cups forks and spoons :ROFLMAO: saves taking stuff we wont use

OP
OP
gawatt

gawatt

Free Member
Mar 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
In the first!
Thanks Gerry

That's good advice. It's so tempting to get a few bits of gear in. I'm a bit of gadget nut, so the more useless the better.

Actually I fitted an external power point today... 7 days to go. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back