Howdy everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by roadster55, Apr 15, 2016.

1. roadster55

roadster55 Funster

Hello all. Been in and out of camper-vanning for many years, have had all sorts from a baby Romahome up to a compact high-line motorhome. Now there's just me so don't need big really. I like the idea of tavelliing around without making myself obvious, sort of stealth camper-vanning I guess.

My mum recently passed away and she left me some money. She always said I should treat myself with "a nice campervan" as my reward for looking after her, so I feel I ought to honour her wishes. I've got her dog to look after now; she's basically white and shaggy! She's taken to me big time and now follows me everywhere and won't let anyone else touch her- good guard dog too!

I've decided I want to travel around Europe with open-ended trips, probably for around a month at a time. I'm into history and wildlife and especially getting off the beaten track, so I didn't want a bigger motorhome as they can be a pain especially with sat-nav, at least in the places I like going. Previously around 2000-02 I'd had a Peugeot Boxer Symphony but I remember dragging up the Pyrenees with it's 1.9 engine and really struggling, also these are mostly much older campers now often with very high mileage.

So I cast around and came up with this: http://www.kpcleisure.co.uk/ford-transit-campervan/

I liked the fact it was a 2007 model and the mileage was ok too at 53,000. It's the 2400 turbo diesel so hopefully I won't hold up cyclists anymore going up mountains! It's basically got everything;dedicated toilet cubicle, hot water/heating, cooker/oven, sink, awning, fridge, bike rack, reversing camera and air con. What more could I need? I'd use the couch as is rather than making up the double to allow a spot for the dog to kip.

I haggled him down a bit and then included my car in part X. It came to just a bit less than mum left me so really pleased. Pick her up in about 10 days after everything checked over - they said there is a wheel bearing to replace on the rear, and whilst it's in they'll check the others. The MOT is due in September so they'll give me a brand new one. Nice guys to do business with.

It's also been on ebay; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1918330529...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like Like x 2
  2. Antique

Antique Funster

Hope you and shaggy dog have many happy miles Roadster.

3. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Campervan looks great. Welcome to fun. :) Hope you and the dog have lots of happy travels.

4. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Hello and welcome! What a lovely van just right for you and the doggy. What a lovely legacy from your mum have great adventures in her! Has it got a name?:hiya2::pink::france:

5. roadster55

roadster55 Funster

I'm going to call her Scooby, don't ask me why - maybe the dog and shaggy made me think of it!

6. StitchesnFluff

StitchesnFluff Funster

Looks great!
    Hi & welcome

7. buttons

buttons Funster

Hi and Welcome........(y)

8. roadster55

roadster55 Funster

Buttons looks laid back!

• Like Like x 1
  9. roadster55

roadster55 Funster

Here's my travelling companion - her life will change big time!
    White Acres etc 002.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. buttons

buttons Funster

I'm that laid back I am going to fall into bed shortly Knackered. ;)(y)

11. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Hi & welcome. Hope it all goes well.

12. f6c

f6c Funster

Welcome aboard;)

13. big map

big map Funster Life Member

Looks like a lovely clean van, enjoy your travels. Shaggy dog is a cutie too.