How to use twin gaslow system (1 Viewer)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All,
I've just had a second Gaslow bottle fitted with a manual changeover. I didn't ask how it worked when I picked it up! Can someone tell me what I need to do that's different from having a single bottle e.g. when I fill up will it automatically fill both bottles? When one is empty how do I change over to the other one? I feel a numpty but can't work it out from looking at it.
Mags

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes they will both fill up together, The manual change over valve is really just a T piece, so you just use the cylinder valves to change over :thumb:i.e. one off & one on

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
I have got two and they both fill at the same time.I open one, use it, then start using the other and make sure I refill pretty soon so I don't run out.Brilliant system.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have got two and they both fill at the same time.I open one, use it, then start using the other and make sure I refill pretty soon so I don't run out.Brilliant system.:thumb:

I do the same. I always turn both bottles off before filling, in the unlikely possibility of liquid LPG getting up to the regulator.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Gaslow.

Hi Mags52

What the previous responders have said is probably perfectly correct. It might be helpful to reassure you to describe what we think your new setup is and how it works.

We assume that you have a hose from the unit you connect the LPG hose to at the garage that goes to an inlet point on 1 of the cylinders. That inlet point should have a second hose attached to it which goes to the inlet connection on the second cylinder. The net effect of this is that when you connect the garage hose the LPG will be supplied to both cylinders until each cylinder automatically stops the supply when it is full.

Both cylinders will have a second fitting which have hoses attached which go to the manual switchover valve. The Manual switch over valve is connected to the regulator through which the gas passes on the way into the van. The manual switchover valve may be a simple T piece or may have a switch you may have to turn to open the supply route to a particular cylinder.

What you should have is the outlet valve on 1 of the cylinders open and the outlet valve on the second cylinder closed. If your manual valve has a switch on it turn it to the cylinder with the open valve. When the open cylinder runs out of gas or is very low turn off its valve and open the other one and if necessary turn the manual switch valve to the new cylinder.

When you are at the garage you should turn off the outlet valves on both cylinders whilst filling the cylinders up.

Hope this helps.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I have a twin Autogas System with an automatic changeover valve, we normally run with only one cylinder outlet open if and when this cylinder becomes very low we open the second. This allows for a seamless changeover without disruption of supply or having to go outside and manually open the second cylinder which sods law would be late at night in poor weather.;-)

Effectively very similar to your system in that it saves having to manually change over hoses etc.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks everyone. I am reassured. We've really appreciated the single system but we ran out when away in cold weather so invested in a second bottle. It's a great system. I know you would take ages to get the cost back but it's well worth it for the convenience.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Well said Mags, we didn't even consider "pay back", convenience and making life easier was our aim and that is what this sort of system achieves.

As you say "Brilliant" :thumb::thumb::thumb:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We have 2 cylinders, one 6kgs and the other 11kgs. We run the larger until empty and then switch to the smaller, and we know we have to be on the lookout for a top up, but there's no rush. It is so convenient compared to swapping bottles.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We have 2 cylinders, one 6kgs and the other 11kgs. We run the larger until empty and then switch to the smaller, and we know we have to be on the lookout for a top up, but there's no rush. It is so convenient compared to swapping bottles.

We've got the same (11kg and 6kg) - that's a great tip about using the big one first. Thanks.
We just filled them both from empty and got about 24 litres in - does that sound about right?

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Gaslow

Hi

That sounds a little short. The tanks hold about 2 litres per kilo so you 2 should total about 34. Assume you still had some in the original tank.

Doug

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Not sure how long it will take to get the money back but its a brilliant system - so easy to use. No disconnecting calor gas bottles at 4am when the gas runs out and the bloody heater goes off! Also just managed today to get £50 back on my two calor gas bottles took a bit of a battle but eventually the dealer realised I was not leaving without my cash.::bigsmile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Why complicate things ! p.s. Met you at Brin Herb !!

The only thing that's important is to close them down when filling !!

They fill together !:winky:

One empties !!:cry:

The other one automatically takes over !!:thumb:

when the gas runs out.........:Doh:

REFILL !!!!!!!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

I refill when the first empties >>>>>>>>> Simples !!!!:Cool:

There is a facility to choose which bottle is in use, but what's the point ?????:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back