How to reset control panel warning

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by irnbru, Jan 3, 2015.

1. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Ok from previous threads regular viewers will know we have been having ongoing battery problems.
    Today we had a new starter battery fitted but the control panel is still showing battery as flat, 1 notch and flashing...any ideas?

2. Badknee

Badknee Funster

My control panel only shows habitation battery condition not starter battery, so not sure???

• Like Like x 1
  3. andy63

andy63 Funster

take it your control panel switch toggles between leisure batt bank and start battery and appears to work ok for the leisure batt . ie the led display works for leisure battery, but not start battery if that's the case can you access the wires that give the start battery signal to check them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. irnbru

20150103_150852.jpg
    Do you mean I have to try and get this panel off and look behind it?

5. andy63

andy63 Funster

what I was trying to establish was does the row of led lights give the voltage of the leisure battery and the start battery depending on which way it is switched...
    if the panel/led's work ok on the leisure battery then obviously the led voltage indicator lights are fine and you will have to look to the circuit that comes off the start battery for the fault. I know ive seen the set up , but as usual I cant remember much , hence the question.. and looking at picture hasn't helped me yet..
    the other thing was did you ever check for an excess drain , or just replace the battery ?

6. irnbru

Just replaced the battery. Its not holding a charge at 12.2 and was 5 yrs old. We will be putting the MH in to get an isolator switch fitted and hopefully the control panel. I wanted to sound some sort of knowledgeable though as I think some folk are more willing to up the price when they see 2 women.
    If I press the top left button I get leisure battery reading. Middle left when I press it should give me starter battery reading...which is not showing correctly. I had a look at fusebox but all looks ok, could it be a fuse? This only went faulty after the AA jump started it.

7. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Your Autocruise panel (PMS5 BWAH) will show the condition of whichever battery you select Paul

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Techno

I'm not familiar with that control panel. Did you get a user manual with it? or has it got a reference number I can google

• Like Like x 1
  9. keith

keith Funster

Our control panel (Autocruise not the same as yours) has a system to reset the battery display when you fit new batteries. It could be yours has as well, but you will need the manufacturers hand book to tell you how it's done. Some buttons may have more than one function that will allow you to do the reset.

• Like Like x 1
  10. irnbru

11. Techno

• Like Like x 1
  12. irnbru

Here it is

Attached Files:

13. andy63

andy63 Funster

ta, a bit clearer now, so the fault is specific to the start battery voltage sensing circuit and the panel is otherwise functioning ok.. so that's why I was asking whether you can get the panel off or find the wires that serve that circuit. it may be an obvious fault or fuse on the back of the panel, failing that it could be an electronic component gone.. my best guess ,cant be more help , but would be worth looking if you can before paying someone..

getting an isolator switch will most probably be fine , but the things that come to mind , are that when you turn ignition off some things still happen. and it takes a few min for the control module to shut down so try and check that that will be ok . you may have to wait a bit before using it .. again just thoughts and things I would want to be clear about if it was me.

14. irnbru

Yes rest of the control panel is working fine. I'm guessing something has blew somewhere. It was working fine right up to the point we got jump started.

15. irnbru

16. Techno

There was mention of a fuse off the cab battery

17. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

That is the same panel as I have in the Benimar. I have just gone over and checked and wondered if you start your MH what happens ( do the lights go all the way across ) both on LB and VB this would test at least that your charging from vehicle ok. Then with engine off try panel again. If panel shows same as above I would guess you have blown a fuse in the charging system, I know this as I blow a fuse in these boxes and could not find out why as did not know about them ( member on here helped ) the box or boxes to look for are:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. irnbru

There is a fuse there. Its on a separate wire in a wee clear holder. I never checked it because I couldn't get the wee clear holder open and decided the wire wasn't going anywhere as it has a piece of tape on the end.
    Shall now go to the MH 2mor and take off seat and check this fuse. Shall keep you posted.
    Thanks everyone.

19. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

OK.. had the same sort of thing on a van a couple of years ago after it was jump started
    The person doing the jump start had not gone on to the +ve terminal but had instead just attached the lead to the large plate going to the terminal
    On that plate are several LARGE fuses ( they look nothing like fuses ! They are so big they bolt to the distribution plate )
    The one that fed the hab area had blown.
    If you have a similar set up ( quite common ) you can have a look at the top of the battery and you will see what I mean ..
    Using a meter just check you have voltage on both sides of all the fuses
    If I am right you can either get a replacement fuse from any decent motor factors or in an emergency simply undo the bolts holding the fuse in place, remove old fuse and replace with a bit of wire
    That will get things sorted temporarily for you

• Like Like x 2
  20. irnbru

Thought I would come back and give an update. Went to auto elec today. He couldn't find any distinct reason for drain on cab battery. Might have been the battery just wasn't up top scratch but got him to put an isolator switch on since we just bought a new battery on Saturday and don't want to risk it going flat.
    This just maybe help someone else one day. The control panel hab battery light flashing flat was traced back to a fuse which isn't in the main fuse box. There are 2 sealed boxes below the fuse box so the one on the left needs unscrewed and inside is a 50 amp fuse and a 5amp. Was the 5 amp that needed to be replaced. £120 later today all is well :)

• Like Like x 5