Oct 13, 2009
Penllergaer, near Swansea
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
16 years
Peeling a Potato

To all who love making scalloped potatoes from scratch and potato salad but hate
peeling the boiled potatoes, here is the solution for easy peeling.

This will BLOW your mind. No need for a peeler. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4W0qIPJmoo"]Click here: YouTube - Dawn Wells Potato Peeling Video [/ame]

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Me, if I want the skin on (and depending on the potato and the end result required) I leave it on. If not I use a 'proper peeler' not a knife, not a whirly thingy, a proper (might be Lancashire? peeler) and peel it before cooking. Also, boil a large potato whole.... why?
Still liked the video, daft as it is. I must line myself up for my 15 minutes of fame sometime. Jane :Smile:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
I've noticed here in Ireland (well the part where I am) the potatoes are boiled/steamed with their skin on and everyone peels there own as they want them. The skins in my case are given to the dogs with their food along with any spuds not eaten.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You can skin tomatoes the same way, bowl and boiling water from a kettle but just put a little slit in the skin near the stork end and pour water over leave a few mins then take out cool and peel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back