How to mark interesting items for future reference (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Is there a way to mark items of interest on this forum so that they can be accessed quickly - I suppose it's something like a personal pinboard that I am thinking of?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
If you watch thread you can see it in your 'watched' threads.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I knew the first bit But couldn't remember where the "watched threads" was so I will point out it is under the "forums" heading in the blue bar.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can book mark a page using the facility in your browser. However, it might get a bit tricky finding things again if you do a lot of them. Alternatively, copy the address and paste it into a Word document or whatever you have and add a description. You can add more subsequently onto the same page. If saved as links in the document you can click on them and be taken right to the page but not to a specific post. You would have to add that in the reference.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
I don't usually want to see the whole thread, just individual posts. May have to revert to the word option again as outlined by @DBK but it's a bit longwinded. Book marks are a no go as there would be too many. Wonder if @Jim would consider adding this extra function?

Reactions: DBK

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I don't usually want to see the whole thread, just individual posts. May have to revert to the word option again as outlined by @DBK but it's a bit longwinded. Book marks are a no go as there would be too many. Wonder if @Jim would consider adding this extra function?
That's something I've wanted for a while as using watched threads gets tricky when there's a few & when you're just interested in a specific post trying to find it gets :sleep:.........I think Jim & one or two suggested setting up folders in Evernote as way of managing content you were interested in....I did have a go but gave up .....:unsure:.....I'll be interested if you do find a way of keeping track of stuff:)

........in fact, I'll watch this thread:LOL:

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Copy and paste onto a wp document just the threads/posts/post snippets that interest you.
I already do that but I wanted something that I could organise into categories a bit better and search on. Am just researching some freebie apps at the moment. @Debs will report back if I find something user friendly and free.

Reactions: DBK

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I already do that but I wanted something that I could organise into categories a bit better and search on. Am just researching some freebie apps at the moment. @Debs will report back if I find something user friendly and free.
Ta....have you tried Evernote???? I'm sure it would do what uou wanted from what Jim & others said but it was too much for me.....prob just needed someone to sit me down & show me how....(always find things easier to pick up that way:))

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years

Very easy to search on a wp document (easier than on MHF!)

A separate document for each subject? All held in one folder? I've been doing similar for years. Very easy to compile/organise/search/update

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
It would be helpful if you could filter the ratings you have given by individual type, eg informative, and you could use that.
Better still if we had a new one for this purpose. But it would still require the new filter.
What do you think @Jim

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
For many years I have had a text file on my desktop titled "scratchpad" I just copy and paste the URL into that. I do however find that I should cull this document more often than I actually do, as I have all sorts of stuff in it that I though was important or interesting at the time.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
When we upgraded our work to outlook 2013 onenote was installed with it and I absolutely love it. You can create multiple notebooks down one side with each one having tabs across the top and further tabs down the other side. Searchable, can link text or whole documents/web pages and links nicely with outlook to set reminders or EMA content.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Screen shot? Simple on Android or Windows PC.
Screenshot_2016-07-17-16-22-43.png

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Many thanks for all your suggestions. I am investigating Evernote at the moment and it looks like it does what I want.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Bookmarks are OK as far as they go but websites change and the links go bad and content gets removed so much better to lift what you want and save it somewhere safe yourself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back