How to make bhuna prawn puri - looks easy (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Treacle is your man...

But my choice would be South India Garic Chilli Chicken, sort of Madras hot, sheek kebab....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Indian cuisine has changed a lot over the years. It is more subtle in flavours. For years it was mainly Pakistani or Bangladeshi cooking and not genuine Indian meals.
A restaurant opened up near me a few years ago with a menu from Kerala in southern India. Having spent some time there,the meals are spot on. If its takeaway you want go for a set meal with starter,main and accompaniments.
I reccomend mixed starter,Passanda or Korma for main with lemon rice and Peswari Nan.
If you wish Vindaloo doesn't need to blow your head off,it means 'cooked with wine/vinegar and potatos.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chicken vindaloo, plain rice and a plain naan bread:thumb:

Have it every time , sit in or take away.

A few large Cobra beers to go with it or large Bangla beer.

I'm not stuck in my ways or anything::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Chicken vindaloo, plain rice and a plain naan bread:thumb:

Have it every time , sit in or take away.

A few large Cobra beers to go with it or large Bangla beer.

I'm not stuck in my ways or anything::bigsmile:
Funny you should say that, I am condemned by my partner for always having the same Chinese, she always has something different then complanes about it.
Egg Fry Rice, Plane Chow Mine and Curry Veg delightful. Vindaloo sounds a bit warm.:Eeek:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Funny you should say that, I am condemned by my partner for always having the same Chinese, she always has something different then complanes about it.
Egg Fry Rice, Plane Chow Mine and Curry Veg delightful. Vindaloo sounds a bit warm.:Eeek:

My wife is the same. Tries new stuff, hates it and then wants to share mine.

I like Chinese too - Special curry (extra hot), plain rice and sesame seed prawn .. every time::bigsmile:

Vindalooo is hot and probably very bad for you:Doh:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have tried them but they are just too hot for me.

i would have to drink even more Cobra to cool down.

Cobra goes straight to my head for some reason

David Alfonso

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
That sounds nice,easy and tasty...think I will try that...i also found one this type of nice recipe from home weekly magazine.I sure will must be next time post here.....Thanks for sharing this....

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
What about Wagamamas. Yakai Soba every time, with edamame beans with garlic and chilli salt. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Mine is a prawn madras, egg rice, and a garlic naan every time, spot on.
The women must be all the same, my missus tries something different each time, doesn't like it, then wishes she had had a chicken rashoon, which she likes. Why do they do that?
AND! If i say "do you want a garlic naan"? she always says, "No thanks, i will have some of yours"!

Get to F***!

RV-less Craig

Grapey7

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
RV HiTop
Exp
All me life
Agree with previous comment, I too think Indian restuarants 'tone it down' and keep things to a limit for our sake and to fit in the nations preferences. Which is a real shame tho because I did visit India couple of years back and a local Indian restaurant opened with a fmily whos comes from a village close to Mumbai and the way they cook their dishes is exactly like what it was back in the day. Brought back great memories and their prices are very reasonable. I wsih they would keep things more traditional.!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Fish head curry - can't beat it.......... Spent my entire working life with Indians and Pakistanis. The real authentic food is wonderful, but sadly not much to be seen in UK in the past; the situation is improving though. Mail order ready mix authentic spices, try googling Rafi's spice box. Good stuff.

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Fish head curry - can't beat it.......... Spent my entire working life with Indians and Pakistanis. The real authentic food is wonderful, but sadly not much to be seen in UK in the past; the situation is improving though. Mail order ready mix authentic spices, try googling Rafi's spice box. Good stuff.

Aha .. I am lucky there ... Rafi lives here and I use her shop all the time for my spices and went on one of her courses too. She does brilliant mixes all ready for you just to add meat or veggies and tinned tomatoes or something.. Instructions are included..

I have graduated now and do my own but try her stuff if you aren't used to it

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
If you want HOT try Nandos extra hot Piri Piri sauce, I found it a bit pointless to be honest, I couldn't taste anything afterwards, my taste buds had been cremated:Doh:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I watched the cooker and that would not be the only ring on fire:Eeek:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The revival of this thread has made me want a curry.

Not had a takeaway for 3 weeks:Sad:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Makes me laugh that demonstration - the spices - we don't know what they are; the 'gravy' :ROFLMAO: like we all have that to hand ..... the nonchalant way he produces the chapati out of thin air with no effort and perfect and partly cooks it in an oven with no temperature instructions, then fries it in a commercial sized deep fat fryer.

So easy to do at home!

I'll pass, and get mine from the take away cos I haven't had one for years and years - and now I'm gagging for one ....

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
If you wish Vindaloo doesn't need to blow your head off,it means 'cooked with wine/vinegar and potatos.

Also, the dish Vindaloo is of Portugese origin.
A vindaloo doesnt need to take your face off, that's what we in the west think so thats what they sell us.
It can be quite mild in the same way Korma doesnt mean creamy and very mild, it's a style of cooking and it can be made to take paint off.

Vindalooo is hot and probably very bad for you:Doh:

Not too bad for you in reasonable quantities.
You dont see many sick Indians.

[HI]The revival of this thread has made me want a curry.
[/HI]
Not had a takeaway for 3 weeks:Sad:

Yep!:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Actually Cardiovascular diseases in India cause 3 million deaths/y, accounting for 25% of all mortality

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Actually Cardiovascular diseases in India cause 3 million deaths/y, accounting for 25% of all mortality

Interesting, cant dispute the figures, but can it be squarely attributed to curry?
I have many Asian friends in the East and my Son in law is a Malaysian Tamil.
Their families seem to live for ever.

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Wanted something different last night so did a cashew nut curry with coconut milk and it was great .. Pm me if you want recipe or I can post it here

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back