How to find the live wire in the dash? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I want to find a ignition live wire on my 2016 Ducato. How do I get to those wires?

colyboy

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What specifically do you want it for?

If it's just to switch a relay or something there are loads of options, if however you need to feed any kind of load you're a bit more limited.

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
To wire up a reversing camera kit. Also I need the ignition wire for reversing sensors

colyboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
For the reversing sensors you don't necessarily need an ignition wire. Most people use the live at the reversing lights so they only work when the vehicle is in reverse gear.

An easy one to identify and get to for the cameras and screen would be the feed to the cigar lighter.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would go with the permanent live to the radio for the reversing camera, or as mentioned the 12v accessory socket, however the 2 sockets are fused at a high amperage

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
To wire up a reversing camera kit. Also I need the ignition wire for reversing sensors

colyboy
My reversing cameras and my dash cam are wired to the radio ACC feed, if you have the ISO conversion lead connected to the Fiat plug it's the red wire. Just pull the radio out and check which one is switched by the ignition.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Mine is wired to the leisure battery with a switch where I can reach when driving, I can put the camera on as required.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
When I installed the camera on my Renault, I found an extra cigar lighter socket fitted up behind the passenger glove box. Didn't know it was there till I laid on my back looking for a spare feed. Not sure why it's there as it's not easily accessible, might be a leftover from LHD to RHD conversions ? I wonder if Fiat have something similar ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back