How to fill water tank with water can (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I have an on board water tank on Elddis Autoquest 120 - if not using the whale aquasource hose - how can I top up the water tank with fresh water - e.g. using a watering can?

I have tried with a short hose and funnel but there is not enough pressure to run through the whale connector in the side of the van? :thumb:

Many thanks in advance

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I have an on board water tank on Elddis Autoquest 120 - if not using the whale aquasource hose - how can I top up the water tank with fresh water - e.g. using a watering can?

I have tried with a short hose and funnel but there is not enough pressure to run through the whale connector in the side of the van? :thumb:

Many thanks in advance

:Cool: We used to fill our LARGE on-board tank using a hose and funnel as you already tried. It's just a matter of lifting the filling point high enough. I used to sit in the dining area with the window open the funnel in my hand pouring the water from a 4or 8 litre bottle. 4 feet of drop gives 4lbs per sq inch of pressure. :thumb:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes, there is the odd occasion when the only way to fill is by hand ..

our tank has no filling point, it's normally filled via the city water connection.. this was my solution to filling using a watering can .. :roflmto:

DSC_5232_edited-1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vanderek
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Sorted

Thank you to those who replied -- I have now found that the submersible that came with the aquasource will empty a container as soon as it is connected and this feeds straight into the on board tank :Doh:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back