how to cope with waiting till june???? (1 Viewer)

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
:worried:ok, so we have to wait till june..........till we get the van, needless to say im impatient, driving the good lady (jayne) mad, buying some necessities :)whatthe:)on the bay of evilness and generally stressing......
so in order to maintain some sanity meantime, does anyone have any suggestions.......:crying1:

please?............:think:

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
We should get ours the end of March, so I'll tell you what not to do wrong, 'cos we'll have done it for you!

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Thanks for buying new vans and i really do hope they are all what you hope them to be , not taking the pee i really hope so .

Upvote 0

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
My new van's due in Jan. Was on the list in feb. Even though i've a MH, the wait for my new one is killing me.

Apparently, when the project manager contacts me to verify/go over/double check exactly what i want, the countdown begins.

I know i don't have to feel that i'm in limbo - but i do!

X

PS: Adria twin 2005 》wildax leisure fixed bed with extra bells & whistles!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 (on order)
Exp
MH newbie, long time camp and caravan
Ours is due April/May, was offered Dec/Jan but thought I was being sensible when I said we'd wait, we come from caravanning (tuggers I think we were referred) and didn't use it through the winter months. I'm ruing that decision.
We ordered a Bessacarr, what about you guys?

Upvote 0

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
It's not easy, we had to wait from July 15 to March 16 for ours.

We "broke" in September and hired a (completely different) MH for a few days..

Also spent LOADS of time on Fun vicariously living out my MH dream!

When the van does arrive, believe me the wait is worth it and soon forgotten (y)

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't think I could wait that long ... it's not the desperation to get the new one but the 'concern' of having to keep the old one in good nick until then!!! :eek:

In the past even when the wait has only been a few weeks hubby didn't want to take our existing one out ... so if we had to wait that length of time I'd probably end up killing him! :oops:

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Ours is due March, it's never really bothered us waiting for new vans. Only thing is we will have to delay our winter trip. Just hope we can get it registered quickly at the mercy of DVLA and then I'll need to spend a couple of week fitting bits to it.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Ours is due March, it's never really bothered us waiting for new vans. Only thing is we will have to delay our winter trip. Just hope we can get it registered quickly at the mercy of DVLA and then I'll need to spend a couple of week fitting bits to it.

Sounds like you have a plan! What bits will you add, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Twin twin reversing camera, a couple of solar panels, stereo with satnav, sat dish, tv, inverter, possibly a 3rd battery, additional 12v & USB outlets, dash cam (permantly wired) Etc. That's only the bits I can think of at the moment.

Upvote 0

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
:worried:ok, so we have to wait till june..........till we get the van, needless to say im impatient, driving the good lady (jayne) mad, buying some necessities :)whatthe:)on the bay of evilness and generally stressing......
so in order to maintain some sanity meantime, does anyone have any suggestions.......:crying1:

Get drunk. Stay drunk.:drinks:

Upvote 0

Jazzledog

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588PL
Exp

Hi, all the paperwork for import, vat, registration and tax was completed in 2 working weeks when we imported our new Hymer in September. Very impressed with how quickly the agencies did their side of it, we had no previous experience of the process, just lots of research on the forums and a little help by some kind people by pm....:clap:

Upvote 0

Jazzledog

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588PL
Exp
Apologies, didn't really respond to the question posed by the OP! We spent a lot of time researching modifications and tips given by owners of the model we had chosen. Planned our way around the Uk and Europe ready for One Day yet to be decided and had a few moments of 'have we done the right thing?'. The waiting seems to get harder the nearer you are to the date though!

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi, all the paperwork for import, vat, registration and tax was completed in 2 working weeks when we imported our new Hymer in September. Very impressed with how quickly the agencies did their side of it, we had no previous experience of the process, just lots of research on the forums and a little help by some kind people by pm....:clap:
Last time in 2014 took me nearly 5 weeks they rejected my application saying the VAT wasn't paid which it was. I contacted DVLA's MD's PA and got it sorted within a couple of days after contact.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

It's not easy to be patient is it ? Mine is due to be ready in April, which is long enough a wait. The initial excitement of placing my order in October has pretty much passed.

To help me through the long wait, I'm working hard and even working overtime for the first time in many years. The overtime is twofold, it's helping to keep me occupied and also with recently becoming single, it's helping with getting my new house updated and buying a few new van accessories ready for April.

Recently becoming a member of 'Fun' is also helping, by allowing me to stay connected to the hobby/lifestyle I love so much and reading other people's experiences is giving me ideas for the future, as well as feeding my desire to be back on the road.

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 (on order)
Exp
Twin twin reversing camera, a couple of solar panels, stereo with satnav, sat dish, tv, inverter, possibly a 3rd battery, additional 12v & USB outlets, dash cam (permantly wired) Etc. That's only the bits I can think of at the moment.
Just a couple of bits then, lol

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Ours is due April/May, was offered Dec/Jan but thought I was being sensible when I said we'd wait, we come from caravanning (tuggers I think we were referred) and didn't use it through the winter months. I'm ruing that decision.

We picked up our new Bessacarr this year, we've been really happy with it, and we were ex caravanners, you'll love it (y)

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 (on order)
Exp
We picked up our new Bessacarr this year, we've been really happy with it, and we were ex caravanners, you'll love it (y)
Good to hear, Swift get some bad press. Which model did you get, we've ordered the 494?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp

Adrian 600 twin sp is what we are getting.....

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Good to hear, Swift get some bad press. Which model did you get, we've ordered the 494?

We got the 442, we've been very happy with it so far, don't worry about the negative stuff, some think unless you've bought a German van then you're wasting your money. Just noticed your dog, is that a lab? We travel with 2 black labs......or we're chauffeurs for 2 black labs

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 (on order)
Exp
@Dave K I know exactly what you mean, we're under no illusion everything revolves around her, she's a springador, my wife wanted something a little smaller than a Labrador so we compromised.
Sorry @skylinersi didnt mean to hijack your thread.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am afraid that I am simply too impatient to ever order a new motorhome without seeing it and being able to have it straight away. Bought my new one off the dealers forecourt. We could see exactly what we were getting and could have it in the 2 weeks it took to register it with the DVLA. Had been hanging around for a while because it had been over specced by the dealer - over £20k "worth" of factory fit extras. Effectively got them for nearly nowt.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back