How To Back Up An Android Phone

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Judge Mental, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

need to send my android phone in for warranty repair. how can I back it up beforehand as they will probably clear it I should think :( pretty clueless with this stuff to be honest so a simple solution would be appreciated if possible...

Eddie

2. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Contacts: Will already be synced with your Google account. You can check by logging into Gmail - Click "Gmail" - Click "Contacts".
    Text messages: SMS Backup+ on your handset. Click "Backup" - once done, it'll sync with "mothership" ever 2 hours. When you get your handset back, click "Restore"
    Apps: Already synced with your google account. When you get your handset back, they'll be reinstalled.
    Images / music files: Connect handset to a laptop / PC. Then, copy files to PC. when you get your handset back, copy them back

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Did that when I factory reset my samsung note, so easy I was amazed, just need to sign in with your Google account and it does everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

What make phone is it?

5. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I set up three android devices this afternoon, 2 phones and a tablet. just log into your google account and if the phone is new or reset it asks if you want to restore from an automatic backup. So I have all the same apps and contacts on all my android devices