Free Member
Apr 24, 2015
Sittingbourne
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout
Exp
I'm a newbie
in October I ordered a brand new motorhome at the nec show it was to be fitted with 6 seat belts media pack and upgraded upholstery for delivery in April . After a small delay it was finally ready for collection .so after weeks of waiting woke up realy excited ready to go get it me and the misses drove a 120 miles to go get it ready to try it out for the weekend .got to the dealer and was told while by the salesman feel free go look at it while he sorted out the paper work .we walk out Nic opens the door she goes in walks towards the back I going walk to the front take one look at the double dinette and bam it hits me it's only 2 extra seat belts not the 4 we ordered we have 3 kids it's no good for us.walk straight back to the sales man telling him it's not right we can't take it it's not what we ordered . He sayes I no u wanted 6 belts in total your joking but no I'm not it turns out he forgot to write it on the order when we ordered it but he's going but u signed the order yes but I never new it had to be written down .he admits his mistake and try's to see it he can find away round it .rings the manufacturer to find out options to retro fit the 2 extra belts an extra £4000 can't take it back till June do I want a brand new MH that's already been dismantled once already ?
No
Order new one but production already spoken for can't be delivered till September October do I want a new MH delivered just intime to be put in storage for the winter ?
No
Check if manufacturer is building another for a dealer just for stock who wouldn't mind not having it as not for a customer success there is one available 6 berth 6 seat belts can be delivered in July unfortanatly the rest of the spec Is not the spec we wanted couldn't bring ourself to spend £60 000 and not get just what we wanted so turned this option down.
So as I see my only option is for the dealer to give me a full refund and to his great credit he fully agreed but I still want the MH I ordered so what we agreed is he keeps my original deposit of £2000 rights me a cheque for the balance of what I paid him for it and reorder another one for delivery on the 1 March 2016 .he gave me a cheque right then
The way I see this story is yes we are realy disappointed but things do go wrong in life and mistakes are made but it's how they are dealt with that matters and in this instance I think the dealer has done there best out of a genuine mistake got back home tonight to find a bunch of flowers and a note saying sorry from them on the door step

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back