Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I've been thinking about this (dangerous? LOL)

I think what we would do is ring someone we 'feel we' know in the Trade. :)Wink:) AFAIK they are not rip-off merchants. That's what most people who know them/use them as a company say on MHF anyway. Ask them what the new price of a whatever it is, and ask em for a ballpark on ours.

We could then use those estimates to inform our new purchase, if the dealer of whom I speak was just that bit too far away to be the obvious choice for us.

I couldn't give a stuff what anyone might then get for ours. They have the hassle of the potential new owners saying 'There's a smudge on the rear bumper' or 'It doesn't have a bike rack/reversing camera' or 'This lav seat's been sat on' or 'There's no safari room' - or whatever it is.

The important thing is - we wouldn't.

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Not so

sorry to jump on this one again.

Bob i thought the whole idea of getting an RV was because it is bigger than a euro van.

Not so... we wanted this RV because of all the American goodies are on it.. like a slide, the big fridge / freezer ..roof aircon etc., etc.,

But it was the size that we wanted.... I have had RV's (A class) that have been in the 34' size in the past.. in fact I have had from 28' up to 34' over the years.

So this one fitted the bill for us.. european size .. will get on to any of the UK club sites and fit 99.9% of private sites. Fits any wire and european site. and bounces around the 7 mtr mark.

We have decided after 3 years we need to look at a new way to carry the scooters / power wheelchair. we tried to use a big trailer with the car and the scooters in side etc.,... gave it a season.. did not work well for us. So sold the trailer.

We started to consider other American based vehicles .. 5 vers to tugging (american units).. note it is always American... So we were talking to a man that knows.. Eddie of VanBitz a previous owner of a Mini Winnie and now a newer American RV.

The issue of charging the scooters / power chair was addressed that lead us to find what we needed and A is followed by B.. we have sold the trailer, next the RV (Winnebago 23'9" Aspect goes and the new Toy Hauler at 30' arrives. Still an RV.. but should meet our needs for years to come... The steps in and out of the RV are killing me on crutches.. so I have to make a change... nothing wrong with the RV... but I would have the same issues with a European motor home .. but more so as the habitation doors are more narrower than an RV's.

Hope that help to understand the issues... But RV's still are better fitted out regardless of the size than an euro box.

Bob

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bob the whole point is that you need to wake up and smell the coffee ::bigsmile:You keep insisting you will not take a penny less than 32k :thumb:All I am trying to get through is a near offer has got to be considered :thumb: especially in this market.Look at Mo's 2 yrs newer,less miles and the very desirable (on a yank) LPG -£40,000 now on at £29,000 yet still not selling :Sad:Both sound lovely vans :thumb:and both sound very good prices but only one is insisting no offers :Doh: Plus the whole point of a yank is room/size.Nobody buys them for economy but LPG is a big bonus :thumb: and it goes some way to compensate the down side again size ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO: yours has got the size of a euro but the economy of the yank :Smile:It is a very small market you are chasing you must consider offers :Sad::Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Bob, I find your self promotions are really getting boring, if I was inthe market for an American Hen shed I think old mo,s would be far more attractive, as far as gloating about all funsters posters 'bumping' your advert, I think the funsters response to the bit about not needing damp checks was quite enlightening

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back