How many people have the X250 Fiat without Judder ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jaykay, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jaykay

jaykay Read Only Funster

As above, I find its easy to search for people with the Fiat reverse judder problems and this could easily put me off buying a new motorhome.

So I would like to get a balanced view from those that have the newer chassis and have no real problems.

I love the more modern shape and would try to stretch to this model if I could satisfy myself of its reliability. I dont want something thats in and out of the garage while they cant find anything wrong ! :Rofl1:

2. jezport

jezport Funster

Thats why we ended up choosing the older 2.8JTD. It seems to be the heavier vans that suffer the judder and we didn't want to take the risk.

3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    I have an 59 Reg Fiat 2.3, it had a slight judder which I didnt bother about for two years it was neither here nor there, when I took it in to Fiat Preston for its second service I mentioned it to them and they then tested got in touch with Milan both of which kept me informed of progress the result was a service and modification all done no probs since, I personally think they are a great vehicle I had the previous model has well, We have just part exed our current van for a new Fiat 2.3 based Bessacarr E480 which we pick up on the 7th Sept, I hope that is of some assistance to you. Pete

4. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

Clutch Judder

We have a 2010 Fiat X250 130 bhp, with no clutch judder problems. (famous last words??):thumb:

5. themountaintiger

themountaintiger Read Only Funster

Mines ok as well, but i think first owners had it sorted out...

6. aba

aba

mine has a slight vibration but as i dont tend to go backwards very often its not a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

We've also got a 2010 '60'-reg X250 2.3lt 130 hp, and - touch wood - not had any clutch problems since new... so far. Just shy of 10,000 miles on the clock. :thumb:

8. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

I have a '09 250 3 litre auto...........Still the same engine.
    Never had a hint of a judder.............I would go as far as saying it is a wonderful engine and a pure joy to drive especially in auto mode.

Its brilliant.

barry

9. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I am such a crap driver I wouldn't know:Blush:

I personally think it is a load of tosh.:thumb:

10. MikeD

MikeD Funster

2012 Euro 5

We have a 2012 fiat 130bhp and no judder as yet - and as someone has already said - we hope it is not famous last words.:thumb:

11. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

I have a 09 3.0ltr manual. No judder, you may say there is a slight vibration. But its hard to make it happen.

12. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

I have a 60 plate 3.0 manual. Some slight vibration on occasions, but never when I reverse up into our driveway. It must be how I drive it. Fiat will not acknowledge a problem with the 3.0 lump so I live with it. Not a problem anyway

13. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

We have just bought a 2011 Autotrail which has just been registered three weeks ago, so is on a 12 plate. It is the 3ltr version.
    When reversing it judders. It is booked in to have it looked at on Monday.

I have been involved in transport and HGVs for longer than I care to remember, so I can say, hand on heart, it is not the driver.

I'll keep you informed as to the outcome.

14. CURLYCORNFLAKE

CURLYCORNFLAKE Read Only Funster

No Shudder fingers crossed

10 reg Fiat but on smallest engine 2.2 quite happy with it,only thing I would change if I could but can't is to have 6 gears instead of 5 .11000 miles in 2 1/2 years and 29/30 mpg if I do 60/65mph on motorways. Oh I've mentioned mpg that should get the more knowledgeable posting.

15. Phill D

Phill D

I had a 58 plate x250 with slight judder the local dealer fitted a mod kit and all was well. I now have a 2012 euro V x250 ( lucky me ) and so far not even a hint of a judder.

I think once Fiat acknowledged the problem they put out 2 mod kits depending on the severity of the problem. I had excellent service.:thumb:

16. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

08 X250 3.0l no sign of judder, but I am very light footed on the clutch

17. jaykay

jaykay Read Only Funster

Great response folks, keep em coming. Its good to hear "the other side".

18. Philh

Philh Funster

We have a 2011. 130bhp. It had some judder, in reverse, however the recall fixed it.

No mention of anyone else had a recall?

19. Phill D

Phill D

My 58 plate had the recal fix... :thumb:

20. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

We had a 2008 Fiat 130 multijet..2.3.. X 250 ..No Judder at all, in fact it was that good to drive...when we purchased our new motorhome in 2011 we purchased the same model Fiat 130 multijet..2.3.. X 250.
    Both these motorhomes was purchased from new...(so I can vouch no modification had been done).
    I find the Fiat Fiat 130 multijet..2.3.. X 250.. lovely to drive, fast, comfortable,and economical :thumb:

I had done 33,000 in two years on the 2008 Fiat....I have done aound 20,000 on the 2011 Fiat in just over a year.

Both these motorhomes had NO judder

Both motorhomes of ours have been the manual gear box, so I can not comment on the Auto box.

And now from 2011 Fiat x250 has the cruise control fitted as standard, that makes it even better..(on the 2008, I had Dave Newell fit me a retro fit cruise control...Brill )

I am not sure, I could be wrong, but I think most of the trouble was around the 2007 year Fiat they also had a problem with water dripping from the front screen onto the head and rusting the bolts..on the 2007 year and in 2008 our model had a modification redirecting the water so no problems.

Trouble was that Fiat would not accept or recognise they had a problem..:Doh:.but Citroen and Peugeot using the same gearbox put there hands up and instead of burying there heads in the sand, Put there fault right.

I like the new fiat a lot:BigGrin:...........but I would say Fiat have done themselves a lot of damage, I see more and more ford transits being used as a base vehicle....:Sad::Doh:
    what was normally on a Fiat...
    I also think the Fiat x250 just seem's the right shape for a motorhome it just looks right compared to the Transit, Renault, Mercedes, Vw........maybe that's why there are so many of them

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012